Her Buried Body: Chapter 8

"You know, part of the warrior code is to bury dead cats bodies, Ivydawn. You understand, don't you?" Lilysky asked.

"I do but I didn't think she would pass away so easily. First it's Flowerfrost, then Patchtail, now my sister, Hazelthump. Me and Hazelthump were great friends while we lived young. It's horrible seeing her, not breathing. She helped a lot, although she wasn't very popular. Most of the cats around here picked on her and tossed her around everywhere. I love her very much and always will. She didn't deserve to die like this. Weird how she doesn't have much blood on her," I said.

"She wasn't killed," Berrybird interrupted.

"What are you saying, Berrybird. Be straight," I hissed.

"The only reason she has blood on her- Well now some cat explained, it's because she drowned in the nearby river, or lake. A bear took a bite to make sure she's dead. Bears don't eat wasted food, their preys have to be fresh," Berrybird said.

"Wow, aren't you learning something? Who told you this?" I asked.

"Ambernose. She tried her hardest to save her, but she couldn't. Why exactly is our name Waterfall clan? We can't swim!" Berrybird hissed at Lilysky.

"Calm your claws, we will find out. She didn't deserve this at all," Lilysky said.

I was still very confused. "If Ambernose knew all of this, why didn't she say a word while Duskflight arrived? He asked and she didn't say anything. She stayed quiet. Do you know why, Berrybird? Because I'm not going to find out on my own. You know that I believe in raw teamwork. Now let's go to her den. That medicine cat has answers. If I hiss at her once, she'll start dropping words. Speaking of medicine cat, Sharpfur better be okay," I meowed.

"Oh yeah, Sharpfur. How cute? A medicine cat taking care of her own mate. Wait, isn't she a lot older than him?" Berrybird hissed.

"Wow, I never thought of that," I said.

Lilysky busted out laughing. "She is around forty-six moons older than him."

"I was a kittypet, I can tell that in years," I whispered to myself, "She's three years older than him! Oh no!" I hissed loudly.

"Years?" Berrybird asked.

"Don't worry about it right now. He is only eight moons old! I don't support it," I said.

"You know, twoleg's world is a lot different than cats perspective. It's normal, honestly," Lilysky said.

"Fine," I said, walking towards her den. What am I saying? It's not fine. She's crazy. 

"Oh, hey Ivydawn," Ambernose said.

"Quiet. Start talking. You saw my sister die?" I asked.

Ambernose stopped licking Sharpfur's wounds. "Umm, I don't know what you're referring to. Now, look! Your friend is getting better. He's talking and walking!" She said, excited.

"That's awesome. You are many moons older than him, it's disgusting," I said.

"But you said-" I interrupted Berrybird in his tracks of words.

Ambernose was puzzled. "You saw my own sister die in front of you! You didn't say a Flowerfrost word about it! You are a medicine cat, you are supposed to own up to your mistakes. And right now, you didn't tell us one of the most important deaths in this entire clan! She's a warrior, we can't afford to lose more. We lost four warriors already, plus that, one of the four turned insane," I hissed.

Ambernose didn't say anything. "What kind of medicine cat are you?" Berrybird asked as we walked away, far away.

"I can't believe this!" I said.

"Ivydawn, let it go. We have to deal with it for now on and forever. She will watch over us for eternity, so will Patchtail and Flowerfrost," Berrybird said, rubbing his soft fur against me.

"You're making me a little uncomfortable rubbing your fur against mine," I said, walking towards Badgerpaw.

Berrybird stopped in his tracks. Woa, that was weird... He couldn't possibly be in love with his adoptive sister... right?

"Hey Ivydawn. I'm sorry for your loss. We haven't been talking lately, why's that?" Badgerpaw asked.

"Oh, I've been on duty for a bit," I said, licking my paw.

"Really? You didn't need help?" Badgerpaw asked.

I didn't really want to talk to any cat at this very moment. "I have to bury my sisters body."

"Can I join?" Badgerpaw asked.

"You're asking a lot of questions. Sure, join me," I said.

We walked towards Lilysky and started digging. Lilysky, Snowfall and Blackthorn joined us. Berrybird stood there like a mousebrain and didn't even join us. "Hey, Berrybird, how about you be a little more helpful and join us. Please?" Snowfall asked.

"I'm good," Berrybird said, walking towards the den.

I stopped digging and walked towards Berrybird. "You are being disrespectful. We're burying your sister. A cat that you've known before me. Go help and dig. Now," I demanded.

"Fine!" Berrybird shouted.

I didn't reply to his notches. By the time we walked towards the hole, she was already inside. We said some very nice things about Hazelthump. "Me and her had a crazy connection when we were just kits. Our connection kinda faded away when she became an apprentice before me. When I became an apprentice, she was already about to become a warrior. She didn't get to live her dreams," I said.

"My younger sister was very nice to me and very shy. Despite the fact that she was sneaking at night with a big male cat from Marine clan," Berrybird said.

Lilysky didn't even want to say anything. "Daughter, please protect us for the future and the present," Snowfall said.

"Flowerfrost and Patchtail, protect her, please," Blackthorn said.

After burying Hazelthump, we went to our dens and went to sleep. I was very upset with Berrybird and Ambernose. My intention was breaking Sharpfur and her up. In the morning, Sharpfur was healed. "Hey Ivydawn, I'm okay now. Are you? I heard that your sister passed. You good?" Sharpfur asked.

"I'm fine," I said.

Me and Sharpfur had to have a conversation about the background of my sister's death. I would not allow them together, she betrays and lies. I'm done with it.

HIIII GUYS! THIS CHAPTER IS LONGER! HOPE U LIKE IT! DONT CRY LOL!!