13✧ bangtan bomb

the lights and sounds of the big city has always excited jisoo. every time she hears the whistling wind, makes her think of her home. she sat by her balcony, her arms horizontally leaning to the rail with her chin placed on it.

jisoo’s family used to live with her but, her parents decided to move to the states. she couldn’t possibly leave seoul, she never wanted a new home in a new place. that’s why she became independent, certainly staying back. jisoo’s parents are very hardworking and loves their daughter dearly, sending her bills for jisoo’s everyday needs. jisoo knows that waiting for her parents cash was unacceptable, that is why she’s starting to find a job that she will truly enjoy.

despite the absence of her parents and her older sister, she never regretted not coming with them. deep into her thoughts when suddenly her phone rang, jisoo instantly thought that maybe it’s taehyung yet she recalled that taehyung is working at the café.

“jisoo!”

“jennie? why did you call me?”

“i have something to show you,
meet me at the café that i sent you”

“wait wha—”

before she could voice out her confusion, jennie already hanged up the line. out of frustration and curiousness, jisoo took this cue to bathe and meet with jennie at this ‘bangtan bomb’ café.

    ‿︵‿︵୨˚̣̣̣͙୧ - - - - - ୨˚̣̣̣͙୧‿︵‿︵

before she could leave, jisoo took one last glance at her reflection. she wore her white long-sleeved crop top, an a-line plaid skirt circumferencing her waist, and her most used black dr martens boots.

when jisoo got outside, she took a cab and showed the driver the address of the one and only ‘bangtan bomb.’

she could only think of one thing,
why would they name their café bulletproof bomb?

ten minutes have already passed, she looked out of the tinted window to see a large neon sign that says what she has been looking for.

“we’re here, miss.”

“thank you” jisoo thanked the driver then gave her fare as she got out of the car.

she could see jennie sitting across with a woman. she walked towards the entrance and met with jennie’s loud voice.

“jisoo!”

“what’s going on?” jisoo curiously asked while being hugged by her best friend.

“look! your mom’s here!”

is this a prank?

jisoo could not believe what jennie mouthed, she was too dumbfounded. she stood for a good second or two when someone hurriedly embraced her in a tight hug. the last time she interacted with her mother was exactly two years ago. finally getting her senses from the information, the mother-daughter held each other for almost twenty seconds.

“oh my god, my pretty jisoo. how have you been?” jisoo’s teary-eyed mother pulled away then gently stroked her daughter’s soft brown hair.

“let’s all calm down and sit okay?” jennie genuinely escorted the two in their seats. when jennie received a call from jisoo’s mom, she felt a tiny bit sorry for hiding jisoo’s mom in seoul in the last three days. although the mother begged to keep everything as a surprise.

“jennie told me you’re single now, jisoo-ah” her mother blurted out firstly which didn’t shock jisoo at all.

she always reminds me that i’m too old to be single.

“mom, how’s dad and jiyoon-unnie?” jisoo asked obviously changing the topic.

“oh you know they’re good, always busy. i tried to force those two to come with me here in seoul but they said they will in another time”

jisoo knew this would happen, especially now her older sister got promoted. she wasn’t exactly bothered.

they keep their promises.

“yoongi is a nice man but i knew since then he was not made for you. excuse me? i would like some ice americano please, what about you girls?” the mother honestly voiced out while jennie and jisoo sat tensely, not knowing how to respond.

“i’m good” jennie said

“i know it’s not up to me to make but, dear you’re twenty-five now, find some good man not when i’m getting old and i want some grand babies.”

“ma’am here’s your ice americano and some cookies” the voice was very familiar to jisoo, wait please don’t tell me–

“taehyung?”

“oh jisoo? jennie? i didn’t knew the two of you are here”

“jisoo, do you know each other?” jisoo’s mother asked as she examines the boy infront of them.

“mom, meet my boyfriend.”