{1} Six Months Later...

The great hall had laughter flooding out of the large  room. Ravenclaws sat with Hufflepuffs, Gryffindors sat with Hufflepuffs, Ravenclaws sat with Gryffindors. There were the rare few who braved befriending a Slytherin.

Things were different. Houses were divided, houses took sides. Gryffindor vs Slytherin. Gryffindor usually won.

Holly Hutton believed in making friends based on who they were, not what house they were in. Holly was a good student and an even better person. She had simply made a mistake all those months ago.

As Professor Sprout walked up to Holly Hutton, Brie McAdams, and Mary-Anne Jordan, she had just caught them as Holly giggled, flinging a small spoon of potatoes at her friend Brie.

"Miss. Hutton." Pomona said after a clearing of her throat. The three students sobered up quickly from their laughter and looks towards their head of house.

"Yes, professor?" She asked softly.

"Dumbledore would like to see you in his office, dear." She spoke, causing Holly's face to begin draining of color. But she nodded nonetheless. She raised herself from the bench and followed Pomona out of the hall.

As the doors opened, a group of four boys trampled in, laughing at whatever ridiculous act they had just finished; and before they had gotten caught, no doubt. The tallest of the boys— by a mere inch, the others would argue— was the first to see Holly and quickly smack the arm of his friend. He pointed towards the girl.

If not for his square glasses, the boy would not have been able to see the girl, no, not at all. His laughter ceased and his face grew grim. They all watched as Holly began to pass them.

"James." Holly whispered, brows furrowed, holding out her arm subtly towards the boy.

"Holly." James stated, holding out his own. He took a step towards her. Ready to tell Sprout that he had done whatever she was being taken in for. A strong grip held onto his shoulder, holding him back from getting to her.

"Don't worry, we'll help her, mate." Said a boy with long black wavy hair. His eyes shown with worry as he looked over at his best friend, his best friend who didn't take his eyes off the girl till she had turned the corner.

"Do you think it's because what happened? Do you think they found out?" James asked, whirling around to face his friends.

"Well if none of us told them, how did they find out?" A boy smaller than the rest, chubbier than the rest, had asked quietly. The tallest boy of the group, the boy with scars running across his face, slipped his arm around his friend and gazed over at the corner Holly had disappeared behind.

"They always find out. We were fools to think otherwise."

Professor sprout stopped at a statue of a Griffin. Holly, who despite her many moments of getting into trouble, had never been in the headmasters office.

"Cauldron Cakes," Pomona stated. Holly looked at her curiously before stairs had started to reveal themselves. Holly stared at them until they stopped. "Come, come, we haven't got all day." Pomona said promptly after Holly had continued to stare. Holly immediately started following her professor up the stairs. A flicker of movement caught Hollys eyes as she looked back through the hall. When she saw nothing around her, she simply looked back up and followed her teacher. Pomona didn't knock but instead, walked right into the office.

Once again Holly was left in shock, this time after seeing her professors office. It was large and beautiful. Magical things and painting all across the room. Holly's awe faded once she saw her headmaster watching her with a certain look in his eye.