{11} Where The Brave Hearted Dwell

The wind starts picking up on that peculiar cloudy day. Though it was windy and cold, the Marauders and Holly don't seem to mind as they all lounge around the black lake, making it seem even colder.

Sirius tries and act cool as Sirius does as he leans back on the big rock and props up a knee. Remus, simply sits in the grass, playing with the blades of grass rising out of the ground. Peter, lays flat on his back as he happily watches the clouds change shape. As for James, he's slouched as he laid against the nearby tree that seemed to sit his back perfectly. And then last, but definitely not least, Holly found herself laying against that same tree. Her back leaning against the thing and her legs pushed out in front of her. She noticed she was sitting a little too close to James but annoying him for a change was too fun to feel awkward and move over.

James had started moving his hand through the wind, winding his fingers through the breeze. Holly would smack his hand again and again until he got frustrated. That would start a hand-smacking contest until Holly conceded. The same scenario happening in a seemingly never ending cycle. Until eventually, James took out the snitch he had stolen and tossed it in the air before catching it. That started Holly's game of smacking his hand so he wouldn't catch it. It was great fun.

All the while this was going on, James had been trying to tell his story. A story that they had to wait until they could all get together before telling. James had asked out Lily Evans that Monday. Much to James' chagrin, Holly couldn't get together with them, until the day after. So now, after all this time that James had kept it secret, he was nearly bursting at the seams. Yet his friends were still keeping him from sharing.

They were all slightly nervous and the feeling that it didn't end well, loomed over them. So as the newest distraction, Sirius had been bragging about how the black lake was obviously named after himself.

"Seriously, mates, what other student's last name is black? No one, that's who! This lake is obviously named after me and in return, should belong to me." Sirius rambled. Peter, getting a funny idea, snaps his head to look at Sirius with a mischievous grin.

He slowly stands up and starts walking to the water. Sirius instantly begins to panic.

"Wormtail... Wormtail, what are you doing to my water?!" Sirius dramatically shouts. The two bystanders chuckling while James pouts. Peter inches closer to the water before he starts kicking it. Sirius instantly starts shouting. "Ahhh! Ahhh! Stop, stop it!" He says, flailing around. Peter continues to kick the water. Having enough of it, Sirius scrambles off of the rock and marches over to Peter. Before Peter can even look back to him, Sirius pushes the boy right in. Peter falls with a loud splash that Sirius quickly moves away from.

Remus and Holly are cackling as Sirius stands there with a proud grin.

"I changed my mind. Stay in my lake as long as you want." He quips before sitting back against the rock. Peter sits up in the water with a scowl on his face.

"Not. Fair." Peter says. Sirius shrugs in return.

"You wanna play in my lake? Then play." Sirius says a playfully dangerous glint in his smile. Peter sighs before he rolls back onto the grass. Holly looks up at James.

"What's wrong, Potter? You didn't laugh during that whole thing." Holly mentions. James sends her a flat look.

"You know what I'm cross about. I've been waiting to discuss this- it's part of out deal!" James breaks, pointing a finger at Holly with wide-eyes. The rest of them chuckle at him. Holly grabs his finger and pushes it away.

"I'm well aware, so go on. Share your tale." She says amusedly. James sighs, the reality finally setting in. He frowns, slumping against the tree so that he was level-headed with Holly.