{16} A Surprise Christmas Gift Right Under The...

AN: This is probably going to be... very long lol.

Holly weaved throughout her house, grabbing a few last minute things she needed. Her mother followed close on her tail, complaining all morning about how she didn't know these boys, she didn't know if they would be a good influence on her, if Holly would study while she was over there. On and on, questions after questions, making Holly walk that much faster.

"Will they let you be and allow you to study?" She asked.

"Yes, mum." Came Holly's reply.

"Are they good boys who follow the rules?" She asked. Holly almost let a snort escape her. But she refrained.

"Yes, mum." She said.

As Holly walked upstairs to get her luggage, her mother followed. To the cupboard to her coat and winter things, her mother followed. To the living room to gather the bag filled with her gifts, her mother followed. Holly secured the bag and placed it with her luggage. She then turned upright and stared at her parents.

While her mother had been fretting and pestering, her father had merely stood there waiting in front of the fireplace. He waited for the magic as he had a deep love for what it created.

"I don't trust this-" Holly's mother, Matilda said, getting ready for a long lecture. Luckily, Holly's father, Rupert, interrupted. He placed an arm around his wife and placed his other hand on her arm. Effectively halting her words.

"Have a nice time, sweetie. Don't forget to write." He spoke kindly. Holly's father was perhaps the sweetest yet most dimwitted person you could ever meet. He was silly and enjoyed fun. Yet loved with his whole heart. The same could not be said for Matilda. She was cold and strict. She enjoyed manors and proper etiquette. They were polar opposites yet married and had a child. Holly once got her great Aunt Marianna drunk and heard that Holly was the product of her mothers rebellion phase.

That Matilda herself, would consort with Muggles and even bed them. Solely to go against her mothers wishes. Then after one incident, got pregnant. Of course the child couldn't be a bastard, so the parents married. It explained much of Holly's life. So Holly tried to partially ignored her mothers subtle movements to get her father to let go of her. Instead, she moved in to hug him.

Warm arms surrounded her and brought her comfort. She squeezed her father tightly, knowing she was going to miss him.

"I love you very much, dear." He whispers.

"I love you more." She whispers back. Holly takes a step away from her father and sent him a smile. She steps over and stands in front of her mother. Holly goes to take a step in, arms moving out to hug when, when her mother places a hand in front of her. Holly stops and stares at it.

"Have a nice trip, be polite— you're a guest in their home for godrics sake. Don't forget to study, N.E.W.T.S. are hard enough as is. We'll see you at end of year." Matilda spoke professionally. Holly inhaled a sharp breath.

"Thank you, mother. I will." She replied stiffly. They shook hands and Holly turned around, gathered her things and walked inside of the fireplace.

Holly leaned forward, grabbing the floo powder and held it in front of her.

"Euphemia and Fleamont Potters house." Holly said, speaking clearly before saying their address just as strongly. She kept her elbows and possessions close to her body as the green fire wrapped around her and twisted her, sucking her through the void and into James Potters fireplace.

She landed with a thud. She bent her knees and landed gracefully. Though she still coughed, brushing off the black dust from her clothes as she stepped out of the fireplace. She placed her bags on the ground and looked around the Potter house in awe. Every surface was decorated in something related to Christmas. Hippogriffs wearing Santa hats, gingerbread nifflers, and many more. In the corner was a gorgeous and very tall tree, decorated completely and lighted up with a warm glow. Holly couldn't help but compare it to her own home. A home where her mother never decorated. Nor wanted to. She found Christmas decorations to be annoying and too bright. Which really explained Holly's childhood in ways.