{20} Who Ever Said Honesty Was The Best Policy?

The wind blew steadily, flipping Holly's hair right into her mouth. Holly choked, leaning over slightly as she moved her hand to swipe the hair out of her mouth. A certain someone snorted in amusement.

"That was attractive." James said from where his head rested on her lap. Holly was slow in answering as she watched David throw the quaffle at another chaser.

"Yes, James, because I live only to show others how attractive I can be." Holly said sarcastically. Suddenly a finger was in front of her face.

"Oi! Do not mock Sirius' life style." James 'scolded'. Holly looked down and they both laughed.

Holly had gone to another one of Hufflepuffs quidditch practices, it was now February and the Hufflepuff vs. Ravenclaw match was coming up soon. They were practicing more frequently and more brutally. Holly had started to walk down when she ran into James. James followed her and had stayed ever since. But instead of actually watching the practice with her, he had laid his head in her lap and threw his snitch in the air, letting it fly for a few seconds before grabbing it again. Holly sighed.

"James, what are you doing here?" She asked. James looks at her, letting the snitch fly. He stares at her before shaking his head, clearing his throat, and grabbing the snitch again.

"Sussing out the competition, of course." James replied easily. Holly's face shown with disbelief. She scoffed loudly.

"First off, mate, we already played together. Second, you're not even watching." She said with a laugh as she motioned to his laying body. James stops and holds the snitch to his head as a look of offense crosses over his face.

"Are you saying you don't like my body on top of yours?" He choked out. Or pretended too, anyway. Holly rolled her eyes and looked back up to the practice.

Holly watched David coach his team as they practiced deep dives, barrel turns, torpedos. They practiced stealing the quaffle away from one another. The practiced passing the quaffle as many times as they could. At one point, David had started a competition for who could successfully pass the ball the most times. The group who got the most, would get a break in training. The group with the lest had to fly around the entire pitch one-hundred times. Holly exhaled through her nose slowly, just thinking about how good of a captain David was. He knew how to captain the Hufflepuff team. He was sweet and considerate, but harsh and demanding when they needed him to be.

Sadly, Holly's thoughts drifted off and her mind went to a place she did not wish to visit. She started thinking about how good a captain James would be. He knows hard work. Well... not for himself, but for others! Those who really need it. He could also be caring; he had a soft spot that he didn't openly show all the time. Holly was kinda grateful she had been one of the few to see that side. Holly shuts her eyes.

No! No, you cannot be thinking like that! Stop it! You can't be having thoughts like that. James is a mate— that is all! She scolded herself.

"Play with my hair." James randomly ordered. Holly instantly reels back from him, her hands curled into her chest on instinct.

"Pardon me? Why?!" She asked. James shrugs. Holly shifts, that actions feeling weird on her legs. It felt like when you try and roll something, except she was the one getting rolled.

"I want my hair played with, your hand just so happens to be doing nothing." James says, not looking at her but playing with his snitch instead. Holly leaned her neck back and looked up at the sky. She had no idea why she was considering this...

Holly inhaled deeply before looking down at James. She brushed her hand through his hair and-

Oh merlins big toe, his hair was soft! How— how was hair so soft?! Holly thought time herself. She looked at the magic hair strangely before flickering her eyes back up to the practice that was currently going on outside while trying to ignore what was happening in the stands. She continues to brush her hand through his hair and just as she looks down, James closes his eyes and smiles, enjoying the feeling. Holly's brows furrow.