{15} Stuck To You Like Glue

Holly and Sirius sit in History of Magic, chattering lively. The ongoing History of Magic project was looming over them so as they talked, Holly forced them to work.

It was probably about the fourth or fifth time James Potter had snuck a glance at them. James would stare, Holly would feel the gaze on her side, she would look over to James, and James would snap his gaze back to his and Remus' project.

So as it happened once more, Holly couldn't take it. She couldn't take the fact that he could stare at them, but not walk up and talk to them. Holly slammed her quill on top of her desk. Sirius looked up, slightly alarmed. He glanced back and saw James lower his head down once again. A chuckle rising out of Sirius' lips as he turns back forward.

"You just have to ignore it. James is a nosey fellow. He can't help it." Sirius explains, and while a smile brightens his face, his eyes hold a sadness. A longing for the friend he misses. Holly purses her lips.

"He just needs to get over his pride and come over here." She says, her voice raising at little. Sirius chuckles again.

"He'll come around and gain some sense. We just have to wait." Sirius said with irritation laced in his voice.

All of the Marauders had thought James to be in the wrong after having heard both sides explain what happened. This happened, though much to James' chagrin. Holly couldn't care less about their spat. Their second one within the little time they've known each other. That's not exactly a great start... Nor is first meeting when you're burning your friends quidditch locker room down. But they assumed they were unique like that.

"You know I miss him." Holly brings up as they write down their next section. Sirius blinks up at her.

"Yeah. I do too." Sirius responds, wondering where the girl was going with this.

"I haven't talked to him in over two weeks. Our last spat only lasted a few days! But James hasn't pestered me for over two weeks and it feels weird, Sirius. And just plain wrong! And it feels wrong for it to feel wrong. Because I should be happy that he's not bothering me all the time. But I'm not! I just... I miss it. I also miss bothering him, too." Holly rants to him. Sirius' eyes are wide in shock. He didn't expect to hear this from Holly. Eventually getting over his surprise, he moves in closer to Holly and places a hand on her arm.

Holly previously looking down at her notes, looks up at Sirius.

"Maybe you should try and confront him again? Try and get through to him one more time?" Sirius suggest carefully. Holly looks at him deeply. Studying him in a way.

"I guess. But this is the last time I'm sticking my neck out when he has done nothing in return," Holly says with a huff, jerking her arm out of Sirius' grasp. "But what to do..." She trails off. Sirius moves back around and continues working on their project.

"Maybe you should dress up in Gryffindor colors to showcase your support for James and Gryffindor tonight. Even though Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw are scrimmaging. So it's public." Sirius suggest half-heartedly. Holly screws her face up in distaste. Sirius, after not hearing a word from Holly, looks up and instantly starts laughing as he sees her face.

"Why does this seem like a joke to you?" Holly teases, only making Sirius laugh harder.

"Oh, come on, lass! I was joking. I know you would never do that." He says, emphasizing points to get them across. Holly over exaggerates the look of being offended, which only makes them fall into another fit of hysterics.

Holly had thought about it all day. Just how to make a big notion to get James to talk to her again. It was no longer about who was in the wrong for her. She just wanted her friend back. Now, as basically the whole day had passed, Holly could not think of anything besides Sirius' suggestion. But she couldn't! She would be booed and hissed at- mostly by her inner self- but by other hardcore Hufflepuff quidditch fans. But at the same time, what else was she suppose to do?