Chapter 4: Pursuit

Author's Note: Hey guys! It's Emilia Rose<3! I hope you're enjoying the story so far Please leave a comment and tell me what you think! This is going to be a major chapter, so it's a little long, but a lot happens. Just wait till you get to the ending!! Enjoy everyone :D

Emilia sawm in a direction, hoping to find someone she could save. The ocean was dark but the sheer determination in her bright emerald eyes could be seen for miles. As she progressed through the emptt space, she thought about the prince. They had a genuine connection after she savd him but he immediatel pulled away. She didn't have time for his games! She was the chosen one.

Suddenly, a black-haired mermaid with an orange tail and a blond merman with a green tail raced up to her. "Everyone's been knocked out!" the mermaid gasped, fear shining in her bright blue orbs, "The mer-pirates used poison bombs to put everyone to sleep, but me and my brother escaped in time! What do we do??"

Emilia gazed at them in shock. "I'm the chosen one, so everything's going to be okay!" The male merman's hazel eyes widened and stared at her. He spoke softly as if his voice was lost in the deep sea. "Really? Are you Emilia the Enchantress?" A blush filled Emilia's cheeks, and she smiled before verbalizing, "Yes. Who are you both?" "Finn-" the merman started to respond timidly. "I'M MARINA!" Marina swam up to Emilia and energetically shook her hand. "Me and my borther are servants in the palace, and we were just workin' when these mer-pirates swam right up and sprayed somethin' in people's faces and-" Emimila interrupted, "Okay, I understand. However, we need to escape now! Your lives are important too!" "Well, thank you for sayin' that!" Marina exclaimed. "Y'know, not many merfolk these days appreciate our work and we just kinda get lonely doqn there in the palace and it's dark and-" She was interrupted by Finn's small gasp. His wide hazel orbs gazed at a scene in shock. "My lady Emilia, l-l-look," he stuttered. Emilia's emerald eyes blazed in anger! The king was being kidnapped!

She gasped. "The king has been knocked out! And now they're taking him away!" she gasped. "Ohmygawd, we need to go and rescue him!!" Marina shrieked, and she started to swim away, but Emilia grabbed her arm to stop her. "Marina, we can't stop them by ourself. I know someone who can ehlp us..." she muttered under her breath, "even if he is arrogant." "What did you say?" Finn asked innocently. "Nothing," she brushed it off. "Let's go find the prince." "Woah1! The Prince!" Marina shouted excitedly, and she chattered the whole time while they went to find the prince. "I didn't know you knew the royal family, but I mean, I probably should of guessed since you're the chosen one, but then why am I surprised? I'm a servant in the castle, I see the royal family every day..."

After some time, they once again came upon the cave. A looming, dark, mass was present. Slowly , it shifted and the prince's brooding ocean blue eyes came into focus. His pupils widened when he saw Emilia. "You came back for me!" he exclaimed with a suprised expression. Suddemly, he turned away and brushed his hair away from his face. "Not that I care or anything." Emilia stidied his face and narrowed her eyes. "Well, as muxh as I hate to say it, because you are nothing but a niuisince, but your father has been kidnapped so we need your help and-" "WHAT?!" The prince growled. He swam furiously over to Emilia, and bent over to meet her emerald eyes. His face seemed to be hardned by the situation bit there was a deep, lingering, sadness in his blue orbs. "It is as I said. We need your hekp to save the ocean and your father. I believe in us!" Emilia verbalized, hoping to win him over. "Fine." the prince scoffed, "follow me. I know a shortcut out of the kingdom." He started to swim away but Marina caught his arm, and shouted "Hi, I'M MARINA!!!!"

The prince turned around to glare harshly at her before scoffing and turning around in contempt. Marina huffed and crosssed her arms. "He just doesn't like us 'cause we're servants. Well, i f I were a royal in a disaster-"