Cahpter 13: Tragedy?

As Sirena led them thourgh the maze, their was complete silence. Marina had only screamed once....... and now the noise was gone. As they got closer ,they heard Finn crying and sniffling.

Emilia turned a cirner and saw Finn crouching over Marina's Body! She gasped and rushed forward and looked wildly at Finn and Marina who was laying starkly still on the ocean floor. "What happened???" she inquired desperetly. She then gasped when she noticed that Marina's body was covered in blood and so were Finn's hands! "Finn how did thsi hapepn?" He gaze up at Emilia with sad hazel orbs that were brimming with tears. "The mer-pirates killed her!" he whimpered.

Sirena went over to the corpse to examine it and she glanced up at Emilia. "You healed the ocean spirit. Let us see if you can heal Marina." Emilia swam over and put her hands on Marina's chest and closed her eyes and willed Marina's heartbeat oto come back. When she placed her hands there she got jolted into a flashback. She was seeing things through Marina's eyes! Just like the alngerfish!

Emilia's eyes snapped open, the world blurry and frantic. The water suddenly quickened around her and she felt a blow to her back. It wsa a small knife, and she shook as it entered her. Before she could reacy, she was falling. Her eyes widened, and she heard a voice spiral out ovf her throat. But it wasn't her own!! It was Marina's screaming, "Finn!" She hit the ground, sand shielding her vision, making it blurry. The last thing she saw was a looming dark figure. It was a mer-pirate and the it spoke in a sneering and cold voice. "Your brother can't save you now."

Emilia was shaken back to reality by Sirena touching her shoulder. She felt sweat dripping down her face and she was still shaking as if she had been the one killed. She glanced at Marina's limp body, trying to once again will it to breathe but nothing happened. Sirena's calming voice entered the air. "What did you see Emilia?" Emilia whipped her head around, tears streaming down her face. "Why won't it work?!" she pleaded, "Why can't I heal her?!!?!!"

Sirena placed a sympathic hand on Emilia's shoulder and "You have not yet developed your powers to be strong enough yet," she explained. "But I will try to help you by contributing my magic. Let us work together" she encouraged.

Emilia nodded an wiping away her tears, she pressed her hands over Marina's heart once more. She closed he r eyes and heard Sirena whispering an ancient magical chant. Suddenly golden light began to bloom from Marina's chest and Emilia stared at it with wide emerald orbs. "It's working..." she whispered, and a single tear rolled down her cheek as she felt her power intertwine with Sirena's.

When it was complete, she looked down at Marina. The blood had melted away, and Marina now looked peacefully asleep. "Marina??" Emilia shook her. "Marina!" she cried as she realized that Merina wouldn't wake up.

"Hush, child." Sirena gently took Emilia's hands off of Marina and comforte,d "She is alive, I can sense her heart beat, but she will be in a coma for a long time. But when she wakes up she weill be fully healed." Emilia hugged Sirena. "Thank you so much," she cried into her hair.

When Emilia released Sirena, she remembered something. The mer-pirate who had attacked Marina had a knife! "Everyone!" She called out, "Search for a knife. It could lead us to the killer and likely ghe king as well!" Sirena swished off to go look and Amelia seemed to be pretending to look. Emilia slowly swam over to Finn, whpse hair was obscuring his bright hazel eyes. He kept his head down at the floor and was shifting the sand in his palms. "Finn, she ok" Emilia comforted him. "We healed her." She tried to look into his eyes but he jerked away tears cascading from his orbs. "Finn, it's not your fault." She touched a hand to his shoulder and he winced slightly at her touch.

She pulled her hand back in surprise. She didn't want to hurt him anymore! It was her fault! She had once again failed to fulfill her role as the chosen one!! She-

Finn's voice broke through her thoughts. It was soft and gravelly yet she could still hear it. "I guess your right" He swam up next to her and took her hand. "There are things we can't predict or stop. So, don't beat yours;f up either, ok?" Their eyes met, creating an amazing fusion of emerald and hazel that coudl light up even the darkest depths of the ocean. Before they could think, they both started to lean in, until their faces were only inches apart. Finn's sad look turned to hope as he stared into her eyes.

This was broken by the Prince, who held up a knife. "I found it," his deep voice sounded sad. Emilia rushed over and examinened the knife, it had strange symbols on it that seemed to be written in another language. "This is good, we can trace these symbolls to find who killed Marina," Emilia decided, and she swam oup to the prince. "Are you ok??" she inquisitively, noticing his orbs looking dark and depressed.

"No, I could of prevented Marina from getting attacked if I went with her, but I went with you and Amelia, andn ow she's in a coma because of me." He clenched his hands tightly again and agin, each time getting more vicious. Emilia tried to touch his shoulder, but right as she made contact, he shoved her away. Emilia's eyes widened in shock, and she felt a lump form in her chest. Only a few minutes before, the Prince had held her, looked int o her eyes, and smiled. She couldn't let him feel this pain when it wasn't even hid fault!

She once again placed her hand on his shoulder and let her magic flow from herself to him. She would share in his pain, just as she did the dolphin! She would heal him! She had to. Suddenly, Emilia was sent spiraling to the ground. When she looked up, she realizwd the Prince had shook her off, more violenlty this time. He flipped around tl face her, his once bright eyes dark with a look of betrayal. "HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO ME?!!!!!" he shouted, his voice ringing with devistation. She shot up and felt her emerald eyes glare at him. "I'm sorry that you feel guilty about what happened to her, but you don't have to be so cold to me! I was only trying to help!"

"Help?" his voice was raw and low. "Help?! You call that helping, Emilia??!" He moved closer to her and when he was inches away from her face, he spoke in a darker tone than she had ever heard before. "I don't want your magic." "I-" Emilia started to plead, but was once again cut off. "Get away from me." When he said this, his hair fell into his eyes, and their once deep blue was obscured in complete darkness. As he swam away, it seemed as if one of the only bright lights left in the ocen had gone out.

And just when it seemed liike the sandess was about to consumer her, she heard a gentle voice from behind her. "Emilia?" She turned around to meet the bright Hazel orbs of Finn, who was smiling sweetly at her. "Hi" he greeted kindly, "Are you ok? Did something happen between you and..."

Emila shook her head. "I don't want to talk about it," she murmureured. "Oh ok" Finn paused for a heartbeat and then his eyes lit up once again. "Hey, I know something that will hceer you up!" Emilia blinked at him. "What?" "Come with me," he grinned and took her hand, starting to swim up.

She laughed muisically. "Were are we going??" she queried. Finn kept swimming. "You'll see!" "Ohhhh I know," she responded, we're going to the surface!! Is it sunset right now?"

He gave her a warm smille. "Even better. Sunrise"