28: They Call Her a Delusional

It's hot.

Extremely hot.

Why am I underneath this blanket again?

"Ugh," I groan a bit too loudly. Reaching over my head, I turn the knob next to the seatbelt sign and blast a gust of chill air.

"It's cold," Chris shivers next to me. His face is buried in my neck and his leg draped over my lap. The

airplanes seats are already tight enough, now I'm suffocating beneath the weight of a quarterback.

"Are you serious? It's like, ninety-two degrees in here," I say, fanning myself with the safety manual. "Also, could you scoot over? I'm practically making out with the window."

There's instant relief the second he lifts his body off mine. It's about five degrees cooler and the feeling in my left arm starts coming back.

"Better?" He asks with his eyes closed and head tilted back.

"Much," I answer shortly.

I'm not sure if it was because we were tired from getting up at four in the morning and have been on the plane for six hours, or maybe it was pure cabin fever, but for whatever reason, it was evident that me and Chris were getting irritated with each other. We argued over which terminal we supposed to be at  (Chris: 0, Love: 1); I accidentally got him a regular burger instead of a double patty burger when we were waiting at our gate (Chris 1: Love: 1); he 'accidentally' dropped his suitcase on my foot (Chris: -1000, Love: 2); and I elbowed him in the nose during my attempt to shove my bag in the overhead compartment (Chris 0, Love: 1000). These little things added up and now, we were cramped up together, having only said about twelve words to each other since the beginning of the flight.It didn't bother me the slightest.

I plug my headphones into my phone that I had smartly loaded with a ton of new music and drown the sound of his snoring out of my mind.

I'd like to say I'm looking forward to this trip with the same excitement I had when we were first planning it out, but I'm not. Whitney threw a huge fit when the security camera's picked up on the her four bottles of Chanel perfume she brought on her carry-on; AJ and Will drank enough coffee to have them rapping Jay-Z songs for the first hour of the flight - flight attendant had to tell them numerous times to keep it down; Glynis hasn't stopped smacking her gum since we left Thompson; Pete's competing with Chris as the loudest snorer in the world.

The only person who was bearable on this flight was Tracy and unfortunately, she was seated on the other side of the aisle.

Waking up for the flight this morning, I was excited to get out of the country and experience a culture I've never been exposed to before. The sightseeing and tourist like activities Penelope planned for us is the only thing keeping me from jumping off this plane and back into my comfy bed at home.

With these 'friends', I'm starting to think that I have nothing to look forward too.

On top of that, Donny and Clyde are somewhere in the back trying to get what they can on camera but the flight attendants won't allow them to shoot anything while we're up in the sky. The rest of the producers that have come along on the trip are flying on a separate flight (in a private company jet I might add) and will land tomorrow after the rest of us. Since Donny and Clyde were alone for now, they were hoping to at least capture some of the moments leading  up to our departure. Clyde has given me a miniature GoPro camera to which I'm supposed to capture a 'Point of View' segment for the trip in addition to what they're capturing on film.

I'm not too hopeful about what I'd be able to get on camera. So far, I only have about ten minutes of Chris snoring, Whitney re-applying makeup from her seat, and a shot of me chewing on a bag of peanuts. Not exactly the glamorous lifestyle I'm sure everyone thinks I'm living.