Chapter 6

Yoongi looked in the mirror. 

A scarlet red suit. A black button-down. A black silk tie. The nicest black dress shoes he had (which weren't very nice, but they'll do). 

Yoongi didn't think he'd worn a suit since high school. He felt kind of awkward, but he knew he would feel even more awkward if he wore one of his typical outfits to a big fancy party. While making some final minor adjustments to his appearance, he felt his phone buzz in his pocket. He quickly pulled it out, expecting it was Hoseok letting him know that they were there to pick him up. 

Jung Hoseok: yo dude come out

Jung Hoseok: also leave the building 

Jung Hoseok: hahahahahaha get it 

Jung Hoseok: bc like 

Jung Hoseok: you get it 

Jung Hoseok: we're outside

Yoongi rolled his eyes in amusement. He put his phone in the inside pocket, along with his keys, and walked out the door. He practically bolted down the stairs of his apartment building to the parking lot, not wanting to keep his friends waiting. Yoongi smiled as he pushed open the front door, seeing Seokjin, Namjoon, and Hoseok sitting in the car right in front of him. Namjoon rolled down the window and smiled. 

"Who is that sexy fella? I thought we were picking up Yoongi!" Namjoon yelled playfully, laughing as he did so. Yoongi laughed and told Namjoon to shut up. He opened the car door and hopped in the back seat next to Hoseok. Hoseok smiled brightly at him and let out a teasing whistle. Seokjin turned around from where he was in the driver's seat and joined in the teasing, calling Yoongi a "sexy little devil man". Yoongi buried his face in his hands in embarrassment and smiled so hard his cheeks hurt. 

It was nice to have friends. 

Yoongi made sure to comment on his friends' appearances as well. Hoseok was wearing a white suit with a black dress shirt and white bow tie. Namjoon was wearing a warm grey three-piece suit with a black tie. Seokjin was wearing a maroon suit with a black turtleneck and a pair of gold-rimmed glasses. 

The party was taking place at the investor's mansion, and boy mansion was an understatement. Palace would be a more appropriate word. Many people had already arrived. All were dressed equally as fancy, though some outfits were more unique than others. Yoongi felt a little intimidated getting out of the car. Even though he knew he wouldn't stand out in the crowd of people, he still worried he was going to embarrass himself in some way or another. 

Inside the house was even more intimidating. Large speakers were blaring Lady Gaga's Bad Romance, and everyone was either dancing or mingling. Instead of a foyer behind the front door, there was what Yoongi could only describe as a ballroom. The floor was a cream colored marble. White pillars lined the walls as if they were in a Greek temple. The walls behind the grand pillars were decorated with murals upon murals of pink and blue and tan depicting god knows what, but it was pretty. Round tables with white table cloths and centerpieces of purple hyacinths were scattered around the space outside the dance floor. To Yoongi's right, across from the dance floor, there were long tables holding a wide variety of food, both full dishes and hors d'overs. Past that was a full bar, with people lined up alongside it ordering drinks from a surprisingly calm bartender. 

Holy shit. People this rich actually exist?  Yoongi thought they only existed in Disney movies or books about the unattainability of the American Dream.

Yoongi was overwhelmed, and by the looks on their faces, his friends were too. Hoseok looked like he had just saw god. 

"I have never felt more poor in my life," Seokjin said. Everyone silently nodded in agreement. When Yoongi snapped out of the initial shock of seeing the ballroom, he remembered what they were all there for. His eyes scanned the room for a familiar head of blonde hair or a heart-stopping smile. And then he saw him.