idfc

an: switched to blackbear songs bc hes a god
does anyone even listen to the songs i put every chapter-?

-

3rd Person POV

It was midnight when a loud knock echoed through the house. Zak woke up instantly, curiosity striking him like a truck.
Slowly, he got up, trying to not wake the man laying beside him. He approached the door, wondering if it was a good idea to open the door to a stranger in the middle of the night. He gulped before opening the door. Thankfully, Darryl got up to see what was happening just before Zak opened the door. Unfortunately, it was Zak's father. He used a tracked he installed on Zak's phone to find his location.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE YOU LITTLE SHI-" his father's screams pierced through the room making the smaller boy shake in fear.
Just as the man was about to hit his son, Darryl stopped him. He his Zak and told him to go back to his room. Then, Darryl shut the door, locking it, before going to Zak to check if he was okay. Thankfully, he was.

Darryls POV

I felt so bad for this muffin. This man, that I'm assuming is his father, just screamed at him and nearly hit him. Zak was shaking so bad, I felt my heart break at the sight of him. He was so damn helpless. I held him tight as his breathing slowed down. He wasn't safe with that man around. I wasn't safe either. No one was.

Suddenly, I remembered my mother went away to visit my cousin for a bit, so it was only me and Zak in the house. So we are alone, huh? Alone you say ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). Then, if his father came back, broke into the house, beat both of us up, maybe even killed us, no one would hear. We really aren't safe, are we?

When Zak was finally calm, we went to the kitchen to drink some coffee and talk about what just happened. Sadly, though, that was interrupted by the sound of a broken window. I looked at Zak, terror filled my expression, he looked back at me, nodded, grabbed a kitchen knife and slowly went over to the noise, me following close behind.

When we got there, I couldn't believe what I was seeing...