how the book was supposed to go.

how the book was supposed to go before it went downhill (aka the hospital runaway chapter) - might be a series :)

3RD PERSON POV - OUTSIDE THE HOSPITAL RIGHT AFTER ZAK AND DARRYL ACCIDENTALLY MET

"Zak! for god's sake, look at me!" Darryl grabbed Zak's face, forcing him to look into the other's eyes.
"I-I—" Zak mumbled, slowly letting his muscles relax.
Something in Darryl's eyes made him feel warm, safe.
Darryl's grip on Zak's face relaxed, as his palms slid down the shorter's cheeks.
"You are worth it, okay?" The brunette glanced at the black-haired bandaged wrists before holding his hand softly.
Zak wasn't expecting that, flinching, but relaxing into the unrecognizable touch of his.
Tears flowing the brown eyes, Zak looked into those deep, emerald eyes of Darryl, as he felt a soft squeeze.
"Don't cry, muffin, please don't cry." Darryl mumbled as the tears started running down, putting his other palm on Zak's cheek, wiping off the tears that run 10 m/p/h.
"Darryl, I- uh—..." Zak ran out of things to say, long time ago to be fair, and he sniffed in defeat.
"Don't say anything. I'm admiring your eyes, how tired but how hopeful they look." He whispered, pulling Zak into a sweet, very gentle embrace.
Zak took a second to realize what just went here, and slowly wrapped his arms around the man in front of him.
"You're safe. Safe with me." he heard Darryl mumble to himself as he melted into the embrace they had.
I'm safe.
They can't hurt me.
I have him.
And I'm glad for it.