Chapter Thirty Three

It had been a few weeks since I had last seen Draco, and honestly I was having some withdrawal symptoms as much as I would hate to admit it. This is the longest I've gone without Draco being by my side in a long time, even when we broke up the first time. That didn't mean that Draco wasn't still in my head, not even close, he was constantly in my thoughts.

I couldn't help but repeatedly think back to the last time I was with him when I had finally broken things off with him. Constant feelings of guilt and regret flood through me all the time, maybe I was too harsh on him. Maybe it really was different with me, maybe I should have let him explain.

I keep thinking back to that one moment, when he had his arms wrapped around me, begging me to take him back. He looked so weak, so unlike him. The unhinged look in his eyes plagued me even now and I keep thinking about how I should of held him back, wrapped my arms around him and never let go. Let him cry into my chest and let him stay there until he fell asleep. But that didn't happen. 

It didn't seem that Draco was that bothered anyway. I mean, sure, for the first few days he looked more sullen and he looked like he hadn't slept that much. But after a while, he just became his old self again. Any time he would of previously spent with me was now spent with his arm around Pansy Parkinson or laughing at muggleborns with his slytherin friends.

It seemed like nowadays he was constantly with the inquisitorial squad, obsessing over Harry and his friends and watching them in the hope that they would slip up. That included me, unfortunately, as Draco had clearly set Gregory Goyle on some sort of mission to follow me around school whenever I was by myself. I mean, usually it didn't really matter, I wasn't doing anything especially suspicious. Unless you count crying alone in your room as suspicious.  

But today, it did matter. There was another DA meeting today, but of course Goyle was on my back and following my every step. He had followed me for five floors, until I was finally able to lose him on the sixth by going into the girls toilets and waiting for a little while. It did, however, mean that I was a bit late arriving to the DA meeting.

When I came into the room I saw the welcoming sight of everyone in the DA practising what seemed to be a patronus charm and thankfully, not looking at me. Harry seemed to notice though as he sent me a small smile and made his way over to me, whilst also carrying tips and instructions around the room with his voice. 

"Aurora!" Harry acknowledged. 

"Harry, sorry I'm late but Go-" I began to explain, but was cut off. 

"Don't worry about it" He said, placing a hand on my shoulder and ushering me to Hermione's direction, "I'm sure Hermione will help you". 

Hermione sent me a small smile which I returned and signed inwardly as soon as I saw Harry was no longer at my side. It would of been nice if Harry had listened to what I had to say, Goyle was getting closer every time and the last thing I wanted to do was keep Harry out of the loop, especially considering he was the one that created the DA. 

I continued to travel to Hermione, watching in a daze as her patronus gracefully glided around her. 

"It's beautiful" I gasped, entranced by the inviting creature.

"Isn't it?" Hermione smiled, following the creature with her head in a trance. 

"So what do I do?" I queried, gaining Hermione's attention which caused her patronus to fizzle away.

"Oh, right yeah" She hummed and nodded, "You need to think of your happiest memory and then say 'expecto patronum'"

"Sounds easy" I shrugged. 

"Yeah, not exactly" Hermione laughed, "It needs to be strong enough to fill you up completely, so you can't focus on anything else". I furrowed my brows at her for a second, trying to work out the best way to achieve my goal. After a little while, I nodded and closed my eyes. 

"I'm sure you'll be fine" Hermione added, tapping my shoulder. 

I began by trying to focus memories with my parents and friends, running through what had been the happiest moments in my life. Times where I had laughed until my sides hurt with my friends or travelled to a new place with my parents and experienced things I never thought I'd have the chance to do. All of them filled me up with an uncontainable amount of excitement and glee, but not enough to make me focus solely on them. I could still hear the murmurs of speech from around the room. 

I had to focus on something new, something that was significant to me and something with the power to distract me from everything else and put my mind at ease. Immediately his face appeared before my eyes. Memories of us staying awake till dawn wrapped up in eachother's embrace and using each other's heat as comfort in the coldest nights, memories of us laughing at the smallest things, memories of us just being the happiest we could possibly be. Together. 

'No,no,no' I thought to myself. I opened my eyes quickly, refusing to let Draco Malfoy be the happiest part of my life. Well, until I saw the sparks flying from my wand. It had almost worked! I had to carry on thinking about Draco, as much as it pained me to do so. 

I closed my eyes once again, but rapidly opened them as soon as I heard the sound of chandeliers rattling and felt an eerie tension make its way through the room. 

The source of the movement seemed to be coming from the top of the room as it was creating deafening creaking noises and shifting uncomfortably. Everyone else seemed to slowly edge forward, barring their wands. I stayed put, gripping my wand tightly as I felt my hands grow clammy with anxiety. I knew, as well as everyone else, who would be behind that wall. 

The glass at the top of the room shattered abruptly, causing me to flinch at the harsh sound. My senses felt heightened all of a sudden, like one sudden movement or sound would send me into a panic. I grit my teeth and watched nervously as Harry and a young boy moved forward. 

"I'll make short work of this" Umbridge's shrill voice called out, causing me to let out a little breathe in fear. 

"Bombarda Maxima" 

I didn't have time to react or prepare for the devastating explosion, instead all I felt was someone I didn't even know tugging me down so I was crouched to the floor and the sharp wind from the explosion. The sound of the incantation itself was quite, it was as if my brain was purposefully ignoring it because of its otherwise deafening sound. I scrunched my eyes shut when I saw rubble flying, unknowingly protecting myself from the stones and dust. As I did so, I felt a few solemn tears, that I hadn't even realised were there, roll down my cheeks. 

I didn't open my eyes until the rubble had completely stopped moving. When I did open them I was greeted with the unpleasant sight of the Inquisitorial Squad and of course, Draco. He had his hands gripped tightly onto Cho's shoulders and his face scrunched up into a sneer. That was until he saw me, wiping the dust off my forehead and tears streaming down my dirt covered face. That's when our eyes met, and his face dropped. And I felt that all to familiar feeling running through me again; guilt. 

____________________________________  

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed, but I recently deleted 'Window', it just had too many mistakes for me to even keep it up on my profile. Maybe one day I'll edit it and re-upload it but not for now. 

I don't know I feel about this chapter, I kinda hate it and I kinda hated it before I even began to write it so that's why it took me so long to finish. I also want to say that I know this is straight from the film, I haven't yet read this book I'm sorry don't cruxify me.