CHAPTER 4 - ‼️

Hyebin's POV

Seungmin cupped his hand over my eyes as they become watery. It stayed like that for a while but he removed it when I began bursting into tears.

"Hey, hey." He whispered as he turned me around to face the opposite direction of where Haneul and Kyungmi was.

He seemed to be stumbling for words to say but I couldn't hear him because my sobs are getting louder and I couldn't shake away the image of the two of them from my mind.

When I felt my head getting heavy, I leaned forward and rest on Seungmin's chest. He didn't seem to be bothered but I felt him stiffened a bit. I needed some support right now, both physically and emotionally. He just stood and he automatically patted my back slowly.

"It'll be okay." He said and I doubted his words because in the way I was feeling right now, there is absolutely no way it will be.

When he tightened his arms around me, I flinched. I suddenly felt the urge to do something.

I pushed back from him as I say, "I should talk to him."

"No." Seungmin said abruptly. "Are you crazy? He just broke up with you."

"I know!" I said angrily at him. And even though I know it wasn't his fault, I couldn't stop myself. "I just need to ask some questions, to clarify things. I deserve at least that."

"In front of Kyungmi?" He said. "The girl he left you for?"

It didn't took me a second to nod but Seungmin shook his head.

"And didn't you talked already?"

"Yes. I just—"

"Hyebin?" I froze at the sound of Haneul's voice from behind me. I turned around and saw him standing there alone, Kyungmi is nowhere to be found. "What are you doing here?"

Before I could answer, Seungmin stepped forward, standing in front of me acting like a barricade between me and my now ex-boyfriend.

"Hey, bro!" Seungmin said, rather cheerily. I used the time to wipe my tears with the the sleeve of my shirt. I know for a fact that, even in the dark, it's clear that I've been crying.

"Hey," Haneul answered and he nodded toward me. "Is she okay?"

"Are you seriously asking that?" Seungmin scoffed.

Haneul seemed to realized it because he immediately looked apologetic. "I'm sorry." He said. "But can I talk to her for a moment."

"No." Seungmin answered firmly and I grabbed his shirt from behind him in protest. His hand slowly made its way to mine on his back without breaking eye contact with Haneul and I let go the fist of fabric I've been gripping. But he still didn't let go of my hand. "I don't think she wants to talk with you." He said.

"Really?" Haneul answered as he titled his head to glance at me. I lowered my eyes. "I think she does, though."

Right then, Seungmin let go of my hand as if realizing something and turned around to face me. "I'm sorry," he whispered and, for a moment, I didn't know why. "I shouldn't be interfering." He lowered his head, unable to look at me. And for a second there, I wanted to comfort him, to tell him he did nothing wrong. After all, he was just sparing me from crying again. But then he said, "Go talk to him if that's what you want." And my eyes immediately went to Haneul who was watching us with curiosity. I just nodded and I walked forward to where my ex-boyfriend is standing.

He seemed to take a good look at me, taking in my swollen eyes and tear-stained cheeks, because he sighed after a moment. "Oh god, Hyebin, I'm so sorry."