CHAPTER 10 - 📹

Hyebin's POV

I plumped down my bed and scanned through the photos. The second album was when we were toddlers and the pictures go on until our features change to mischievous looking kids. There were various moments captured; some I remember and some I got reminded of by just looking at the photo. We were a funny duo and I'm pretty sure I chuckled a bunch of times.

It might be an understatement to say that I have more pictures with Seungmin than with my own sister because he's on all of them and I can still count on my fingers the times my sister's face appeared on the five books I'm done looking at. But maybe our fair share of sisterly captured bonds are on her own stack of albums.

I now stare at the pictures from our last elementary school days. The difference from the earlier photos is that the look on our eyes changed. There was a sense of knowing instead of the innocent ones, as if we shared a secret that no one else knew about. Our smiles are accompanied by pink cheeks and a bit of shyness. We were a bit distant too, rather than the usual hugging and holding hands from the previous albums. And that's when I knew it must be the time we realized we like each other in a different way.

The last two albums are entitled 'Middle School' and I'm afraid I wouldn't see Seungmin in both of them. I stalled for a bit, wondering why we even decided to stop being friends. We could've just went our own way and ignored what everybody said but then, we were young and easily influenced. If we liked each other, what hindered us? Our friendship? Thinking about it now, that's nonsense. But staying friends is definitely better than what is happening right now.

I opened the book and on the first page, instead of the usual description about what it contains, there was a CD. I took it out from it's makeshift container attached to the page and looked at it intently. At the front, there was a title that says 'Hyebin & Seungmin'.

I don't know what it is and I've never seen it before so I hurried to my laptop and inserted the CD. I was hoping to see more pictures but it was a video file. I connected it to a player and pressed play. It glitched for a bit and then our familiar backyard flashed on the screen. It was greener and fuller than the one in there today. I guess as time goes, people have less time to take care of these things, much like the flower beds at the park.

"What are you guys doing?" My sister's voice said behind the camera. She seemed to be talking to no one but then high-pitched laughter began to dominate the silence and then two kids popped out behind the tree. It was me and Seungmin. We are around six years old, I think. We ran circles around the yard and my sister followed us with the camera.

The scene shifted and it was behind the bench between our houses. Seungmin and I were sitting with our backs to the camera. We were still around the same age as the scene earlier but we were wearing different clothes and my hair was up in pigtails instead of a ponytail. It must be a different day.

"You guys are here again?" My sister said.

Both of us turned to look at the camera. "We're on a date." The little me said.

"What do you mean? You're on play date all the time."

"This isn't a play date. It's a real date." Little Seungmin said.

My sister laughed lightly. "Oh. But you're not yet allowed to be on one."

"If we get married, are we going to be allowed to go on a real date?" The little me asked and I can't help but cringe at the question.

"Yes..but there are a lot of things to do before you can get married."

"Like what?" Seungmin asked.