CHAPTER 7 - 🧩

Hyebin's POV

I felt a sense of rightness for a moment as I felt his lips on mine. It's as if I needed it and my heart was thrumming on my chest and my insides were twisting. But then the floor creaked beneath our feet and I'm suddenly back to reality. What was I thinking?

I pulled away from him, pushing him violently in the process.

"What are you doing?" I said furiously and he just looked at me sheepishly for a second before it gradually changed to apologetic.

"I-I'm sorry." He said. "I didn't mean to."

"You didn't mean to? You were clearly taking advantage of my situation!"

"No, I wasn't." His voice is still calm. "I'm really sorry. I wasn't thinking."

"This is why you started all this nighttime exploits, isn't it?" I angrily gestured around as I said it. "I know you liked me. I should've known this was your agenda."

"Do you really think I'm like that?" He sounded a little bit upset now.

For a moment, I thought against it but it doesn't matter. "Then you shouldn't have kissed me." I lowered my voice as a tear dropped down my cheek and, not wanting to be in the same place with him right now, I went out the doorway and down the crappy stairs.

Even as I walk toward the main street, I can't help feeling confused. Did I gave him the wrong idea tonight? The atmosphere wasn't even romantic. Was it? Either way I was angry. He knows what I'm going through and yet he kissed me.

I tentatively touched my lips and I can't shake off the idea of how comforting the kiss was. What was that? I shouldn't be feeling like this right now. There is nothing going on between us but I was so conflicted.

"Hyebin!" Seungmin called after me. I didn't look back and I walked faster, not wanting to face him again. "Wait, please. Let's not part like this."

When I finally reached the streets, I felt his hand on my elbow as he whirled me around. "What?" I snapped and pulled out his grip but I'm pretty sure I don't look as tough as my voice. I've been holding back tears.

"At least hear me out." He said.

"Let me guess," I crossed my arms on my chest. "You're gonna say sorry again. I've heard enough of that for a day."

"I saw something we wrote on the wall." He blurted out.

What? "Yeah. We saw lots of things on that wall."

"It's not just something." He said. "It's when we were last here together. Don't you remember?" He looked at me expectantly. What could he possibly saw that led him to lose himself?

I remember him staring at something and I wasn't able to see it. "No, I don't." I said. "Whatever it is, it shouldn't be a reason for you to do what you just did."

He lowered his eyes and I can tell that he's nervous. His eyes are fidgeting as he look for words to say.

Before one of us can say anything more, we heard footsteps coming toward us. When we looked at its direction, we saw an old woman, maybe in her early 60's.

She beamed when she saw our faces. "Why isn't it the young lovebirds! You're visiting your old playground, aren't you?"

Lovebirds? "Yes. We just came out from the tree." I answered. I wasn't sure what else to say. Seungmin isn't saying anything.

"I figured there's someone in there when I saw the light on." She said in her pitchy voice, a wide grin on her face. "But I didn't thought it would be the two of you. How have you been? I can't believe you're still together."