EPILOGUE - ❤

Seungmin's POV

The oven dinged indicating our chocolate chip cookies are done. Its delicious smell filled up the whole house even before we took it out. Hyebin and I gathered in front of the oven.

"Oooh, that smells good." She said as she sniffs.

"Of course it does! I made them." I said. I put my hand on the handle. "Ready?"

She nodded and when I opened it, both of us had this dumbfounded look on our faces. The cookies look...definitely what cookies should look like but with a darker shade of brown and..is it burnt at the bottom? I took it out and put the sheet on the rack.

"That's definitely not your mom's chocolate chip cookies." She said, still staring at the tray. "Is that even edible?" She squinted her eyes at me.

"I..." I don't know what to say, disappointment is already filling in on me. "No..No, don't eat that. Let's make another batch."

"It'll only end up like that again." She protested. "I told you thirty minutes is way too long for a cookie to be in the oven!"

"But mom said thirty minutes! I'm only following her recipe."

Right then, mom went in the kitchen. "Will there ever be a day you guys won't bicker with each other?" She gasped at the sight of the cookies. "What happened to these?"

"Eomeonim, Seungmin baked them for thirty minutes." Hyebin said.

"Thirty? I told you thirteen."

"You said thirty!" I objected.

She just shook her head. "Now what are you going to do with these poor cookies?"

Hyebin carefully picked up one from the tray and smelled it. "The top looks edible. I'll eat it."

"No." I said. "Why would you eat it? I'll just make you another."

She put back down the piece of cookie she was holding. I bet they're still hot. "These are the first cookies you made me, of course I'll eat them."

"How do you guys even find ways to quarrel over everything?" Mom said but she was smiling. "Clean the kitchen when you're done." She added and went out.

"Yeah, I'll definitely eat them." Hyebin said after she's gone.

I shook my head. "Do whatever you like but I'm still baking some more and I won't give you any of them." She pouted and I laughed.

We made another batch and thirteen minutes was just the right amount of time to make it the perfect golden brown.

After we're done in the kitchen, we went to our same old bench. It was late afternoon and the sun was already preparing to set.

"Will we stay here until the stars appear again?" Hyebin asked.

"You have something else you wanna do?"

She shook her head. "No, we're good here."

We stayed silent for a whole minute, exhausted from working in the kitchen. It's been months since our night adventure and we haven't really talked about the last part of it. I always hesitate to bring it up, afraid that she's still not ready. But we're together almost everyday, catching up on things we'd missed about each other.

When we find ourselves in situations like this one, sitting side by side with each other doing nothing, I always thought of confessing to her again, just tell her that I still feel the same way but I always cower. What if she really just think of me as her friend? What if our relationship wouldn't go any further than this? What if when I confess, we'll drift apart again? What if..what if...I hate that phrase. It takes all my courage away.