Chapter 5

WARNING!!! MENTIONS OF SUICIDE IN THIS CHAPTER!

Did I just get played by a fucking skeleton?

Its been almost two hours since I sent that text, and I've gotten no response. I sighed as I trailed over my message again. Should I send another one? Maybe he didn't see the first text. He could be asleep. Why was I so worked up?

I tossed my phone onto my night stand, climbing under the covers and preparing for another sleepless night. I wonder if Jacob was really going to show up. I couldn't care either way.

School is going to suck tomorrow- mostly because of what happened at the party. Who has parties on a school night anyway? Mark wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but he was an okay guy.

At least tomorrows Friday, so I have that to look forward to. I'm actually quite excited for chemistry. I had a feeling Papyrus was going to make the class more interesting. Hell, I might even start enjoying it.

Chemistry. Papryus....

I launched myself out of bed, snatching my phone and a pencil off my desk. I completely forgot about that stupid essay I had to write! Usually I wouldn't do it and take the bad grade, but I didn't want to do that to my new monster friend. Plus, I feel like I owe him a decent grade after leaving so suddenly.

I trailed my hand over the bandage on the back of my neck. My hair had been hiding it at the party so I wouldn't have to answer any questions about it. The longer I thought about it, the more I think I should get stitches. It was still bleeding a little bit, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle.

As I pulled out my notebooks, I huffed. Tonight was going to be a long night.

I slammed down my back back on the lunch table, crossing my arms

I slammed down my back back on the lunch table, crossing my arms. I let my head fall and my eyes close. I barely had time to put makeup on my cheek before heading out.

"Rough night?" Caroline questioned as she slid into the seat. I always admired how graceful she was.

"Something like that..." I grumbled, running a hand down my head.

"She was at Marks party last night." Elyse added as she tore apart her sandwich. "I was there too. Shit was crazy."

There was a little round of 'Oh's as everyone seemed to understand.

"I didn't go to the party," I looked up at her, "I was there for about five minutes."

"Why'd you leave early?" Ada raised a brow, seeming to already know the answer.

"Because her oh-so-loyal boyfriend had sex with another girl."

"They had sex?!" My eyes widened. I thought he only kissed her! I groaned, placing my head back onto my arms.

"I'm not even surprised anymore." Ada shook her head, "Really, I don't understand why you don't just break up with him."

The surge of confidence I had last night was completely gone. I heavily regretted not responding to Jacob. All I could do was hope he didn't show up today so I wouldn't have to worry about it. Maybe he was too drunk last night to remember the texts?