♤cuatro♤

jeongguk walked into the room and his heart melted.

taehyung was sitting criss-cross on jeongguk's bed, wiping away a stray tear with his sweater paw on one hand and hugging jeongguk's pillow in the other.

something about knowing that, when taehyung felt upset, he took refuge in his bed with his pillows made his stomach flutter.

he shut the door behind him and sat next to taehyung on the bed.

taehyung looked away from him to show that he was still mad at him.

"taetae~ look at me."

nothing.

jeongguk sighed and stood up from the bed only to kneel down in front of where taehyung was sitting.

he grabbed his chin softly and looked him in the eyes.

"you know how i feel about that ggukie." taehyung said, sadly.

"i know taetae, i'm sorry-"

"you never say that to me. why would you say that?!"

jeongguk looked down.

"i'm sorry taehyungie, please forgive me. you know i didn't mean it..."

when taehyung didn't respond, jeongguk was about to walk away to give him some time alone until he heard his low voice calling out to him.

"i know you didn't mean it, ggukie, but it still hurt..."

"i'm sorry tae-"

"but i'll forgive you if you gimme a hug."

jeongguk sent him a goofy smile and opened his arms which taehyung gladly settled into.

he picked up taehyung like a baby and sat back down on the bed with the slightly older boy in his lap.

taehyung leaned into his chest and another tear fell onto jeongguk's shirt.

"don't cry again taetae." he said, combing his fingers through the other's slightly curled, black hair.

taehyung wiped his tears, "i'm sorry for overreacting ggukie, i-"

"shush, it's okay, i should've thought before i spoke."

a comfortable silence hung between them until taehyung spoke in barely a whisper,

"i'm tired, ggukie."

jeongguk chuckled softly, "sleep then, my taetae."

as taehyung tried his best to fight off sleep he thought about what jeongguk said and smiled.

"i'm your taetae?"

jeongguk took a moment to answer before smiling to himself and saying,

"yeah, you're my taetae."

taehyung yawned, "and- and you're my ggukie? my best friend? and you- you won't ever leave me?"

he looked up at jeongguk and the younger almost had a heart attack.

his eyes were glossy, his cheeks were pink and puffy, his lips were red from biting them which was a habit he picked up over the years, his tiny little moles, his two mismatching eyelids. how could someone be so...

breathtaking?

"yeah, i'm your ggukie and your best friend ever and i'll never ever leave you."

taehyung smiled but still looked up expectantly at the younger boy.

at first jeongguk was stumped until he realised what he wanted.

he kissed taehyung's forehead softly which made taehyung smile brighter and then snuggle back into his chest.