♤diez♤

(a/n: now it's time for the REAL conflict, bitches. *evil laugh* also, read the lil disclaimer at the end! it's not a triggering chapter or anything like that but it's just a little note from me!)

it was the following day.

taehyung had accepted the date invitation despite jimin's efforts to deter him from doing so.

jimin felt kinda bad since he knew that there would be an absolute meltdown if jeongguk found out about this. he felt that it was his responsibility to talk taehyung out of it but he failed.

god forbid jeongguk hears about this. he thought.

now, jeongguk was a chill guy in the sense that he was easy to be around and easy to talk to. nonetheless, when he first came to the school, people thought they could pick on him since he was a younger kid and one of the "artsy nerds". however, they soon learnt that although jeongguk found joy in things like photos, films and drawing, he wouldn't hesitate to beat the shit out of you.

jeongguk knew he wasn't a pushover and he made sure that everyone else knew that too.

he was kinda soft but still deadly. exactly how he earned the nickname "muscle bunny" around campus and people introduced him to new kids by saying "the one who looks like a sport major but is actually artsy as fuck".

whenever an inspector comes to the college, they always assume that jeongguk is one of the jocks and they give such a taken aback look when he tells them that he takes classes for photography, film-making, media and the sorts.

jeongguk doesn't exactly dress "like a jock" either so he didn't really get how people were still mistaking him as a hetero, douchebag, quarterback but he honestly didn't care.

as long as people knew not to mess with him.

he got bullied in elementary for being so quiet and weak. then he got bullied in middle school for having bunny teeth and still being as shy as he was in elementary. then he got bullied for the first two years of highschool for being the mute kid who carried a camera around his neck and spoke to no one but his 5 friends; he wouldn't even speak to teachers.

after all of that, in his third year of highschool, he came back looking hella ripped and everyone was so confused.

"is that the weird kid who carries around the camera?"

"since when did he work out?"

"is it just me or did he get way taller?"

"yo, his arms though."

"since when was jeongguk hot?"

ever since he started working out, talking back to bullies, defending himself and being more outgoing, he's always been a popular kid.

popular girls wanted to date him, jocks wanted to befriend him, the so-called "nerds" were scared of him.

but he never changed.

in front of his six friends, he was still the same funny, shy, quirky, bunny-like kid that they met years ago.

he never dated any of those bitchy popular girls, he never hung out with the football team and he never bullied the "nerds".

he was only strong in front of other people because he didn't want to be picked on again.

he was scared of people not liking him again.

he didn't want people to hate him like they did back then.

he knew that basing yourself on other people's opinions wasn't healthy but he didn't care. because he needed that feeling of being loved and looked up to. he needed that feeling of acceptance. the feeling of social security.