♤siete♤

two weeks later

it had been two weeks and, since the first time jeongguk saw tae with bogum, he hadn't even bothered to go and pick him up from class.

why?

well, because bogum had been dropping taehyung off at the dorm instead.

and taehyung never mentioned anything about it so, in jeongguk's eyes, he obviously didn't care.

i mean, if someone you cared about had been religiously picking you up from class and one day they just stopped with no explanation, wouldn't you ask them about it?

well, in taehyung's case, apparently not. seeing as he hadn't even brought up the matter.

what frustrated jeongguk even more is that bogum didn't just escort taehyung around campus. he'd also been hanging out with him literally every single day.

if jeongguk needed something from the store?

"sorry, i need to get ready to see bogum."

if jeongguk wanted to hang out?

"sorry, i'm hanging out with bogum today."

if jeongguk texted him?

"sorry for the late reply, i'm with bogum."

if jeongguk asked him to chill with the other guys?

"sorry i can't, tell them i'm with bogum, i'll be there next time."

at this point, jeongguk wasn't just upset that bogum liked taehyung. he was upset that taehyung was trying to replace him.

he's really trying to replace me.

wow, some "best friend" huh?

now, jeongguk wasn't someone to hide his emotions. if he felt a certain way then he'd openly say it. however, in this situation, he decided to stay silent.

but that didn't mean he didn't act different.

everyone noticed it, even just randon people on campus. the five other guys didn't want to bring it up but they all had a vague idea since taehyung had become absent just as jeongguk's attitude changed.

even taehyung himself noticed his severe change in personality but, because he wasn't around enough to see it to the full extent, he brushed it off.

jeongguk didn't even know what to do in this situation. i mean, what could he do?

it's not like he could just tell taehyung not to hang out with bogum because tae had the right to hang out with whoever he wants. no matter how much jeongguk loved him.

even though he was in love with him, he'd never want to control his life.

he couldn't just go up to bogum and threaten him because as much as he hated to admit it, bogum seemed like a nice guy.

he hadn't done anything wrong, he simply liked taehyung.

he had a right to simply like a boy and no one can change that. no matter how much jeongguk loved that boy.

as much as he wanted to, jeongguk didn't hate bogum. not at all, actually.

was he jealous of him? fuck yeah.

but did he dislike him? no.

the only thing that he disliked was that his best friend was ditching him for a guy he met like two weeks ago.

at the end of the day, jeongguk just wanted taehyung to be happy and he could tell that taehyung was happy when he spent time with bogum.

however, just because he likes bogum, it doesn't mean he can just cut off his six friends including his so-called "best friend". his so-called "everything".