01. life is good

April 2018

I walked into the No Jumper studio or store? I really had no idea what it was but it seemed to be the hangout spot because it was always packed and had something happening with it. Lucky for someone today was about me. Nah, not to be on some cocky shit I just had a interview with Adam the founder of No Jumper for his podcast so I was pretty excited.

Today I was by myself which wasn't something new to me, I wasn't someone who always had an entourage with but I wasn't antisocial either I was pretty well known around the rap area and not in a bad way. Plus if I did have someone it was Sam my bestie but she was busy.

"Kaila!" Adam smiled welcoming me inside to the little studio set up he had in the back of the store.

I smiled moving in for a quick side hug and waving at everyone around me trying not to be rude, "Wassup."

"You ready? You want anything?" Adam asked me probably referring to the countless blunts he had prewrapped on the table.

I shook my head and sat down at the table pulling out my water bottle. "I'm good, and plus you should know I only smoke backwoods." I laughed.

"Bruh, I literally was going to pick some wraps up today and it completely crossed my mind. My apologies." Adam put his hand on his chest bowing his head. "Alright let's get this started." Adam put on his headphones.

I put mine on too making sure I wasn't messing up my hair because I knew this was a recorded thing also.

"No Jumper, coolest podcast in the world and today I'm in here with Kaila Love how you doing?" Adam introduced me.

"I'm doing well thank you for having me." I spoke softly. I was usually an outgoing person who wasn't afraid to get loud but it seemed that every interview I did my voice became soft which made me look like a totally different person to many people.

"No, I'm actually so excited to have you on here because it seems like we've known each other for a while because of concerts and brand events that No Jumper and you have been invited to but I'm excited to really sit down and get to talk to you without like lean falling on my lap." Adam laughed referencing to a time that I accidentally had dropped a cup of lean on his lap while we were at a party.

I laughed along with him, "Thank you, I'm super excited."

"Okay let's start with the basics where are you from and let's talk about your upbringing." Adam started the questions off.

"Well, I was born and raised in South Central, Los Angeles my name is actually pronounced KAY-LUH not KIE-LUH and um for a long time I was singing but it wasn't like a big thing for me up until middle school that's when I really started getting into music and stuff like I was really into Aliyah, Ashanti, and like Monica." I tried to explain my start to Adam.

"So you were like really impacted by these at the time young artists? Where your parents supportive of you not wanting to go to school and do music?" Adam asked.

"My dad died when I was hella young but I think he would have been very supportive of me and I thank him everyday for giving me this life because I really do believe everything good that's happened to me is because of him. My mom on the other hand wasn't and still isn't supportive till this day but it's whatevers she's doing her and I'm doing me." I shrugged.

"And school was just out of the picture?"

I moved the mic around, "No, I actually finished high school number 10 in my class and was accepted into Columbia in New York but obviously that was when my music really started taking off and I had to make a choice."

"Wait so you're like smart as fuck?" Adam's eyes went wide which made me laugh. "Okay that isn't that surprising because you really are a poet with your music."

I nodded, "Not to gass myself up but I mean I do what I do."

The rest of the interview went on and we talked about me getting signed to Kendrick Lamar's record label straight out of high school, working with Frank Ocean, music festivals, and my favorite music at the moment.

"Alright before we finish this off can we talk about your favorite music at the moment because you show up everywhere with earphones and everyone thinks its so funny how you could be at like a whole party and just be sitting down listening to music." Adam laughed showing me some picture me doing exactly that.

"Oh my god those are all over twitter, but my favorite music right now which actually can also be a hint to my album that's coming out soon is trap music like it is really at it's height right now. I love 03 Greedo, Drakeo, SOB X RBE, and these others dudes oh my god Shoreline Mafia! They're going crazy right now."

"I just did a interview with them like last month, they're dope as fuck. They really are just doing them and giving no fucks."

I laughed, "As they should."

"I feel like y'all should do a song together that would go crazy. A song about sipping lean with some nice vocals." Adam put out there.

"Maybe, but definitely not a song about lean because I don't drink it. Which so many people think I do for some reason but I don't. We can do a song about the come up because I know a lot about that." I laughed shrugging.

"Any shoutouts you wanna make?" Adam asked closing the podcast.

"Shoutout all my pretty girls, you'll know when you know." I pointed at the camera smiling.

"Well thank you for making some time to come talk to me, there you have it Kaila Love and No Jumper coolest podcast in the world." Adam ended the podcast.

"That was so much fun, I usually don't like interviews but this one was cool!" I smiled picking up my stuff.

"Next week No Jumper is hosting our monthly show, come through we're going to have a lot of your favorite rappers there." Adam offered.

"Ahh, cool okay I'll see what happens." I nodded.

I didn't make it known on the interview because I personally don't like airing out my business unless it's the past and it's nothing bothering me but I was totally infatuated with Shoreline Mafia and had been listening to them in my earphones. They were my latest obsession, they were rapping about some real shit and it was very refreshing to me.

As soon as I got home I hopped on Instagram to post a picture making sure that everyone tuned into the podcast.

liked by champagnepapi, nojumper, and 234,569 othersKailaLove did a little interview with no jumper, link in bio to hear me talk about me myself and i

KailaLove did a little interview with no jumper, link in bio to hear me talk about me myself and i... oh and some dope rappers 🥰

view all comments
nojumper: thanks for coming!
coileray: 🦋🦋🦋
dsavage2700: My sister!
shorelinemafia: 🌊🌊🌊🙌