03. boot it up

I turned around to face the voice, it belonged to the Mexican one out of the group. He was way taller than me which was surprising because Mexican boys are usually short. He looked me up and down, not really in a checking me out kinda way but in a curious way.

I smirked, "Okay Shoreline Mafia, do you know where the water is?"

"Huh?" He responded confused.

I laughed, "That's what I was asking your boys before you decided to hop in and claim your group."

He nodded, "Fosho, the waters on the other side of the venue but I can get one of the boys to get it for you." He looked behind me, "Pove! Get Kaila a water."

My stomach turned, weird it must have been that sandwich I ate earlier.

"You know my name?" I asked him confused.

He kept up his nonchalant look, not caring that I knew he knew my name. "Yeah, me and the boys watched your interview for No Jumper. It was dope what you said about us, you work with some crazy talented people so it's cool that you shouted us out."

I smiled, that was so sweet. "I really meant it though, you guys are killing it. The wave is about to get even bigger."

He nodded, matching his smile to his mine. He had a pair of grills on it wasn't too much and it was hella sexy- wait what? I need to get my head straight.

"Shit I hope so, I'm trying to do this music forever and make history."

"Nah, you don't even need to worry about it y'all are most definitely going to be remembered." I nudged him.

The guy named Pove came back with my water for Sam. Oh shit Sam! "Thank you so much!" I smiled at the guy turning back to Ohgeesy I think his name was. "It was nice talking to you, thank you for helping me find the water."

He nodded, "Fosho, don't be a stranger if you see me in the future."

I laughed, this guy sure made me laugh a lot and he wasn't even trying to be funny oh no, i'm turning into one of those weird ass bitches that laugh at everything because they think someone is cute.

"Ohgeesy right?" I asked.

"Like I said earlier the one and only." He shrugged up his shirt. "Nah but for real though, you're cool as fuck Kaila we gotta link and work on something."

"For sure!" I moved in giving him a side hug like I do to most people I meet, it was something I did since I was a child. I was a hugger but Ohgeesy was definitely not; well at least not with me. He tensed up at the move I had made getting stiff. I quickly back away.

"I'm sorry did that make you uncomfortable? I'm just like that, I'm a hugger." I gave him a slanted smile.

He shook his head. "Nah, it's not that. It's just niggas like to take pictures and I don't want my girl to get the wrong idea."

GIRLFRIEEEEEEEND?

I had to take a couple steps back at that statement. Damn I wasn't trying to date this man but that kinda hurted like why would you say that if you know how I feel? Nah jk.

"Oh word, I understand. I'll dap you up next time."

This made him laugh, "Aight."

"Bye Ohgs." I waved walking back to where I had left Samara.

"Bitch finally!" Sam got up from the couch.

"Sorry I was talking to Ohgeesy, he's surprisingly a good conversation holder." I told her.