02. right wit it

April 2018

I spent the following week in the studio working on some finishing touches on my album. My album was due to come out in June which was in almost a month and a half. The way my label set it up the album was supposed to be one for the summer and I agreed. It however needed some features so I was on the search.

I set aside that worry for a bit as I scrolled through the comments of my interview with No Jumper. Most of them were nice and others were well men, giving their opinion where it wasn't needed. I laughed at a lot of them. While scrolling my phone binged indicating that I had gotten a text.

Adam 22: Yo! You still coming to the concert tonight so I can put you on the guest list?

I looked at the text wondering if I actually wanted to go. Stay in the studio bored as a motherfucker overthinking everything or go to a concert that will probably have some dope rappers hmmm. I'm going to choose the concert.

Me: yeah i'm still going! can i bring a friend?

I of course was not going to be going to this thing alone, I had to bring my bestie Sam with me even if she didn't want to go. My phone dinged again.

Adam 22: Yeah, I'll add your name with a plus one. Heres the address and make sure to use the back entrance. *random address*

With that message I decided to call it quits on the studio and head home.

I put the phone to my ear as I walked into my apartment calling Sam, it took only two rings for her to answer.

"Hey bitch." I heard through the phone.

"What are you doing in like 2 hours?" I asked hoping she would say nothing.

"Nothing, why are you trying to get into some trouble?" She laughed.

I laughed along with her, trouble meant us going out and doing something. "Yes, I got invited to this concert thing with No Jumper want to come. Oh and I'm not taking no for an answer."

She sighed, "Yeah sure why not, I've been doing homework all day so I need this."

"Yay! Okay I'll text you when I'm on my way." I responded hanging up the phone.

I walked into my room picking out an outfit, I changed into something simple but effective and applied some makeup to my face not really caring too much since it was just a concert. My hair was already curled from earlier so I just fixed it up. I took some time on applying my jewelry which was always fun, my name necklace, some hoops, and my anklet.

 I took some time on applying my jewelry which was always fun, my name necklace, some hoops, and my anklet

By the time I had picked up Samara and made it to the concert everything had started. I wasn't really worried about it because who the hell came to things on time? Oh, just me?

"Bitch this is hella sketch." Samara whispered as we walked to the back which was an alley.

I laughed, "This is the way I was told to go."

Turning the alley I came into view with a big crowd of guys with some girls sprinkled in.

I grabbed Sam's hand leading us to the door that had been labeled ARTIST ENTRANCE.

I walked up to the door which was blocked by a tall man like this man was probably Shaq's height.

"I'm sorry but we're at capacity." the man said not even looking at me.

"Um? My names on the list." I responded.

"Okay? We're at capacity-"

"Woah Big Mike, it's all good let them in." Adam popped out.

I rolled my eyes at the tall man, pulling Sam in front of me.

"Why is your shit so packed?" I asked Adam following him into the backstage area of the venue which was packed with groupie looking ass girls and no I'm not trying to be mean they really looked musty and not in a good way.

"You know how it is everyone and their crew." Adam laughed.

"Well, good thing Sam is the only one apart of my crew." I smiled at my friend who smiled back looking down at her phone. She was probably texting her boyfriend since this wasn't really her thing.

"I'm gonna be honest though, most of these guys are here with Shoreline Mafia." Adam motioned to the corner of guys.

"Wait, they're here?" I asked trying to contain my excitement.

"Yeah, they're performing next." Adam nodded.

"That's so cool, why don't you ever invite me to perform?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Are you kidding me? You are like the hardest person to reach ever." Adam exclaimed.

That was actually very true, I seemed to always have my phone on do not disturb. "Okay, you got me."

"Alright, I gotta sort some stuff out but there's a bunch of shit to drink over there." Adam motioned to the table that was surrounded by guys before taking off.

I turned to Sam, "You want anything to drink boo?"

She raised her eyebrow, "Girl are you actually asking me or are you trying to find a way to talk to them?"

"I mean does it really even matter?" I smiled sweetly.

"You can get me a water." She rolled her eyes playfully at me sitting down on the empty couch.

I stuck my tongue out at her playfully, making my way towards the little table that was filled with countless bottles of liquor that no one was really caring for since everyone in the building was double cupped up.

I looked around in hopes of finding a water. I felt the group of guys staring at me as my back was turned. I shifted my feet looking back at them making them move their eyes elsewhere fast.

I giggled, "Does anyone know if there's water here?"

The group looked back at me and back at their friends not knowing if I was talking to them. They looked confused.

"Shoreline Mafia right?" I laughed at their state clearly on one.

"The one and only." I heard a deep voice behind me.

geesy so fine and for what??? anyways yuuuuh get in to itttttt lol