🐾 Chapter One

Eveline

"Jess what should I do?" Frustrated placing my head in my hands. Right now I'm at my job in a technical shop. Lucky for me I get to work on the part with the video games.
I and my best friend Jess are working together after the boss saw that we made a great job together.

She gave a signed away from her as she leaned in the counter placing the new arrival of a few new video games.
"Tell me it's him again?" Answered Jessica chuckling.

"I don't know what to do it is like I'm always running into Elijah. I know that he like someone else but he is always on my mind!" Mumbled I confused as I shook my head.

"Ugh, why is it so confusing all I want is to have Elijah. Whenever I do something good it never comes back. Either way, it will not happen!" Taking the stock of new video games pounding.

Then I heard a hand slap on the tabel and I know immediately what this means.
Jess is mad.

My eyes traveled terrified to her and she looked at me with grinning angry teeth.
"Ok listen up Eveline what came over you that you think kindness will not come back don't make me scold you. Your fucking beautiful butterfly and you deserve love bitch!".

My eyes widen and I ran up to her hugging her crying that I love her so much, she only hugged me back.

"I'm sorry it's just that being 24 is making me depressed because everyone has someone and I'm here alone even you have someone. Thank you still for the nice words!" Answered I smiling.

"Anytime please don't bring yourself down like this I have a feeling that you will soon meet someone!" Said she making circular motions on my back.

Since I'm so tall there is a 0.000000001 chance that someone will be ok with it. You know like boys like it when girls are short. Ugh lucky me.

I took the videogames and scanned them into our system, while Jess placed them back into the shelves.

We talked and helped a few consumers some even got scared of me because I'm tall but I'm used to it.

Four hours later the boss announced the closing and we were beyond happy to finally just go away.

We made a quick check on the stuff and placed them back.
I walked to the Employee's room and dressed in my normal clothes and closed my locker.

"Eveline are you here?" I know this voice it's my good college Conner.
He pecked from the corner with his blue eyes.

"Yeah, I'm what brings you here?" Answered I taking my back as I turned to give him my full attention.

"You know this cafe at the end of the road?".

"Yeah and why?".

"I heard that they make delicious cakes and as you know I don't like going alone and I like sweets so... please go with me!" Begged he at me with his puppy eyes.

One thing you need to know about conner he is a cute softy. He is like a little brother to me that is adorable.

Whenever he gives me those puppy eyes he wins.

I signed out and nodded receiving a happy bright smile from him.

"Yay thank you I promise you will not regret it!" I can see that he is thankful because of those sparks in his eyes.

I signed and smiled back then we started walking.

On our way, I and Conner talked about work, family, and other stuff and soon we arrived at the cafe.

From what I can see outside it's that it's a typical cafe but it looks so welcoming.

Children ran around, people talking and some went out with their coffee to go.