Home

The day ended, eventually.

Meulin was basically hopping up and down waiting for her mother. She couldn't wait to message Kurloz when she got home. When Mrs. Leijon finally pulled up, Meulin practically dove into the car.

Mrs. Leijon just smiled. She signed in the rear view mirror: Had a nice day? Meulin smiled and nodded.

Kurloz POV:
Kurloz plugged his headphones into his ears and tried to ignore the buzz of the bus. He didn't much like hearing the other students talk when he could only hear. The sweet sound of Bring Me The Horizon exploded in his ears and he closed his eyes. After what seemed like only a couple of minutes the bus rolled up to his stop.

He shot off the bus and into his front door. His father was at the sink, washing the dishes. "How was school? Did you make any new friends?" Mr. Makara said, turning to look at his son. Great, Kurloz signed. I met this nice deaf girl and a cool dude who knows sign language for, like, no reason.

Mr. Makara smiled. "Good. I'm assuming this girl is pretty, and that you got her iPad handle?" Kurloz just blushed. "Alright," said Mr. Makara. "Assuming you don't have any homework, you can go to talk to her." Kurloz smiled. Thanks, dad. I only have a few study guides. Bye! he signed before running to his room.

Meulin POV:
Meulin's iPad buzzed, and she too buzzed with excitement. Sure enough, Kurlozmakara came up on the screen. Meulin grinned widely and checked it.
Hello! It's Kurloz. I'm assuming you are Meulin?
Meulin clapped her hands together, then started to type.
Yes! How are you, Kurloz? Did you like your first day at Westbrook?
Kurloz responded almost immediately.
It went well, thank you, and I'm good. How are you? Do you have any homework? I only have a few study guides.

The awkward conversation went on for a few more minutes before Meulin slipped her special little faces: \(0u0)/, after which Kurloz would smile and respond with the same face.
And Kurloz started to use more and more modern phrases: "OMG, really?", after which Meulin would giggle and respond with: OmG rEaLlY?!?!

Before long, Kurloz typed:
I'm very sorry, Mew, but my father is calling me for dinner. See you in English!
Meulin responded quickly.
Okie! Bye!
They both signed off. Kurloz basically floated down to dinner, very satisfied with how that interaction went.

And Meulin, well, Meulin covered her face and quietly squealed for half an hour, rolling around on the ground. When she was finally done, she sat, smiling, and whispered, "He called me Mew!"
____________________________________________________________
[Hi guys! How are my perfect children? Sorry for all the weird pictures! Do they take away from the story? Idk. Love you!!! x3]