History

Meulin absentmindedly tapped her black nails against her desk. Ms. Keal was rambling on about who cares what, and Meulin was paying no attention to the words flashing across her screen.

Her usual anxiety was replaced by confusion. She knew it was silly. It was only the absence of a smile, but it was strange, especially since Marlowe was all smiles all the time.

It suddenly occurred to her that she had known Kurloz for two days. It was a weird realization. They had talked almost all of last night. He was funny, she had come to discover, and a gentleman. She knew it was cliché, but, she felt like she knew him her whole life.

She shook away the thought. It was stupid. She swore to herself, them and there, that Kurloz was, and always would be, just one of her best friends.

Her iPad buzzed, and she looked up. A meaningless question flashed across the screen, and she answered it slowly and carefully.

She gave a small smile, then began to doodle in her notebook. Her thoughts wandered to Marlowe. Where did she and him stand? She knew they were best friends, but...

What was she thinking?! She shook her head again. This was stupid. Her emotions were getting the best of her.

The other students were packing up, so she did too, laughing to herself.
What an eventful history class.

[[Hi my literal cuties! I love you all! If you would like to get in touch with me more, my Instagram is @literal_dave_strider. I will be posting about you beautiful creatures. x3 ]]