CHAPTER 2

‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙
"I'm not stupid. I'm just too lazy to show how smart I am." – Oreki Houtarou

(Y/N)'s POV:Today is finally the day, I'm officially gonna become a student at Totsuki! I arrived at the opening ceremony and walked backstage

(Y/N)'s POV:
Today is finally the day, I'm officially gonna become a student at Totsuki! I arrived at the opening ceremony and walked backstage. Since I'm a transfer student, I'm gonna be introduced and I'll have to make a speech, bleh. When I walked backstage I realized there's another transfer student as well. It was a guy with red spiky hair, golden eyes, and a weird vertical cut on his eyebrow.

"Hi! My name is (Y/N) Takahashi! Are you a transfer student as well?" I introduced myself. "Hmm?" He looked up at me and stared at me for a while. "Uhhh hellooo? Are you ok there buddy?" Okkkk he was beginning to creep me out. "Huh oh yea I'm fine. The name's Souma Yukihira!" He introduced himself with a grin and an outstretched hand. I shook his hand and a mic being adjusted caught my attention. Look's like the ceremony's starting!

"Welcome everyone to the high school division opening ceremony!" Annnd I zoned out, whoopsies! I only started paying attention again when they called some blonde haired girl to the stage. "We now present our academic insignia and our new freshmen representative, Erina Nakiri!" Ohhh right, forgot she attended this school too! Welll I'll just have to say hi to Erina-chan later. But there was quite a bit of whispering going on in the crowd

"Ahh miss Erina"
"She's smoking as always."
"She's beautiful and top of here class, she's the perfect woman! If I could just go out with her one time I'd die happy"
"You couldn't, she would either kill you or you would end up getting thrown out of school!!"
"Yea she's the granddaughter of the don who's like the mafia boss of the food world!!"

Ohhh? Seems Erina-chan is still as popular as ever. Hmmm I should say hi to her later. . . hehe.

"And how we will have our ceremonial address, the academy's director Master Senzaemon Nakiri!" Gasps could be heard throughout the crowd and whispering commenced. Ohhhh it's the old guy mama and papa talk to sometimes. He cleared his throat and started speaking.

"I welcome you. You have reached the high school division, congratulations! For three years, you have learned the basic of food preparations while attending our middle division to further your knowledge of ingredients. You have undertaken numerous drills in which you have had to prepare dishes. You have heard a wide variety of lectures such as: cooking theory, nutrition, public health, cultivation, and managing restaurant business. Now as you stand at the precipice of the recipial cooking lives, you will be facing challenges not just of technique or knowledge. But your resolve to see if you can live as a professional chef and that means. . . 99% of you can sacrifice yourselves to the cooking gods, to unveil those who will move on. Last year we started with 812 high school division freshmen and the number that was allowed to proceed was just 76. A mediocre and the inept are cast aside without mercy! Out of the 1000 freshmen, only 100 are going to advance and you will be able to count on one hand those who reach graduation. The odds are not in your favor, but you, you can make it happen! Study hard, cook hard! Best of luck to you!" And with that he walked off the stage leaving the crowd with a sense of determination.

"And finally I would like to introduce two new transfer students."

I looked toward Souma expectantly. He only looked at me confused and I sighed. "You can go first." I told him. He just shrugged and walked on stage.

"uhhh well it's scary giving a speech from up here, hahah" he awkwardly started, "just hurry up and introduce yourself!" The MC shouted at him.
He cleared his throat and proceeded to say his speech, "Okay, I'll make this short and sweet. I'm sure you all need to study. So, umm, my name is Souma Yukihira, and well to be honest it's an honor to attend this school. . . as a stepping stone in my career. Now sure my transfer was kind of unexpected, but I still don't plan on losing to a bunch of wannabes who've never stood in front of costumers before, I mean, come on am I right? Anyway since I'm here and everything, I might as well take the top spot!"
Ohhh god, he's gone and dug a deep grave for himself. RIP Souma Yukihira. He stepped to the side and bowed to the audience, "Alrighty then see a few of you at graduation!" Then crowd was silent and all of a sudden, people started hurling things on stage towards Souma. The idiot just calmly walked off the stage too! Baka, a big baka!

"U-u-uhh everyone, we still have o-one more transfer s-s-so please calm down!"

I calmly walked onto the stage and heard a few audible gasps and whispers throughout the crowd.

"No way, a Takahashi?!"
"I'm screwed...."
"She's so pretty!"
"So tiny...."
"Kawaii!!!!!"

I tapped the mic to gain everyone's attention and the crowd quieted down.

"Hiiiii minna! My name is (Y/N) Takahashi and I look forward to cooking side by side with some of you for the three years! I hope we can all get along and graduate together! But I won't hold back against any of you sooo good luck!" I flashed the crowd a peace sign and skipped off the stage. *sigh* that was harder than it looked.

Once I got backstage, I saw Erina-chan talking with Souma.

"Ohh (Y/N) nice speech you ga-" I smacked Souma hard on the back of the head and glared at him, "YOU BAKA! What were you thinking with your speech! You've gone and made enemies for yourself are you happy?!" I scolded him. "Ehhhh, really? I thought I did good?" Oh god this boy is hopeless.

Someone cleared their throat and I turned to look at Erina-chan. Wahhh she sure has grown up since I last saw her! "Ohh hi Erina-chan! Long time no see!" I flashed her a smile. "Y-y-you too (Y/N)-chan. . ." She quietly said back. "Where's your little secretary girl, Hishoko or something like that?" I questioned back. "You mean Hisako? Oh, she's running an errand for me." Erina-chan answered back. "Well see you in class or around school (Y/N)-chan. And Yukihira, you're never gonna last in a school like Totsuki." With that she was gone.

Funnnnnn. Let's get to class shall we. Now what does Totsuki have in store for me today. . .

͙⁺˚*・༓☾  ☽༓・*˚⁺‧͙

Chapter 2 is complete! I'm sorry for slow updates but I want to make my chapters as long and descriptive as possible for everyone and it gets harder because I have to go back and watch the anime again to make sure my dialogue is on point! This book is already #23 in Takumi and I don't know how but thank you all for reading my book! Next chapter is just gonna be a poll for (Y/N)'s love interest so please vote, until then I'll try to give everyone equal time with the protagonist. Well then, happy reading minna!
~ bby_mochiii