9

Tamera
Two months later..
I can not control my laughter at this point. It has been at least ten minutes and I have just settled down to a giggle. We are currently at Kayla and Brysons place. The children are sleep and we are playing charades.

It doesn't help that we have been drinking. Unlike everyone else around me between every drink I make sure to down a glass of water. Things have been well between me and Rio and I just don't want a repeat of that night.

I won't lie and say that I haven't thought about it because trust me I have but I know that I can't go there.

Kayla hasn't relented either. I tell her to back off and she just comes even harder at me. She keeps telling me to open my eyes, whatever the fuck that even means.

I have told her countless times that we are in a good space. I just don't want to rock the boat. She swears up and down that he is head over hills for me. I simply choose to be the adult and live in the real world since she is caught up in fairytale land.

"What you laughing for? I remember that we beat y'all asses last round" Kayla says to me with a fake frown on her face. "I'm laughing because you don't know how to macarena, nobody knew what the fuck your were just doing" I say still trying to control my giggles.

"Whatever, that's some white people shit and you know it. I'm going to open another bottle of wine you want me to pour you a glass?" She asks getting up and making her way to the kitchen.

"No but I do want some water I'll go with you" I announce as I follow her into the kitchen.

I go to the fridge to fill my glass up with water from their filter and when I turn around she is staring at me. "Where you looking at my ass?" I smile and ask. "I mean yes it looks good but no that is not why I was staring at you" she says all too seriously.

I lift my eyebrow, "okay so what then?" She pours her glass and looks back up at me. "So, you too look really cozy, everything going good at the house of forbidden love?" She says not being able to keep a straight face.

"Seriously? You are a mess and you know it. To answer your question, everything is great actually. We move around the house as if we live together. I guess that has something to do with me not wanting him to leave late night all the time. We enjoy each other's company. It is like old times again"

She sips her wine. "Except for the fact that you are both grown and single and neither of you live with your parents anymore. If I were you I would watch the way he looks at you. I see how you two are. You move around each other, in sync like magnets. It's beautiful to witness."

I push the bottle of wine away from her. "I think that should be your last glass" I say jokingly. "Girl I am buzzed, you know I can drink like an Irish woman" I laugh at her "I guess that has nothing to do with the fact that you are half Irish huh" she bursts out laughing.

We both are in full belly laughs by the time we make our way back to the living room. Both the guys stop mid conversation and look at us. The look in Rio's eyes is one that I can't place but it warms my entire heart and causes my cheeks to heat. Watch the way he looks at you. Kay's words resonates in my head.

I shake the thought away. No way not falling for it kay.

I am home alone this weekend. Rio is away handling something that I'm positive is not legal. He left Wednesday night and I have been missing him since. I have gotten so used to him being around and in my space again.

Next month will be a year that he has been back. It was not as bad as he thought it would be. I think I am the only person that really gave him a hard time. When went to see my mom she cried before he even said a word. She was so happy to have her son back.