1- The Bus

It was 2.58, my art teacher let me out early. I walked quickly to the school gates to leave, as art class was on the other side of school.
In the corridor I saw my two friends - Kendall and Jessica - who I was going to get the bus with, so my speed walking turned into a light jog as we rushed to get the early bus.
We all lived near each other so we took the whole journey together. We were close enough to give each other our house keys in case we needed to go to each other's houses - with permission of course.

"Two whole f***ing buses after this one! Why do we live so far?!" I exclaimed.
"Calm down Tiana, I know you just want to see your mans" joked Kendall.
"F*** off!" I said with a beaming smile I couldn't wipe off my face.

After two buses down, and one left to go, we got off at the town centre to wait for our last bus. Which was also where Jonathan and his friends hung out.
Him and his friends looked like typical mandem, him being the only asian in the group. There were about eight of them altogether.

Jonathan had typical features of a southeast asain

Jonathan had typical features of a southeast asain. He wasn't tall, but he was taller than me. He was in the year above, and already 16. He had tan skin, deep black hair, an eyebrow slit and a quiet but deep voice. I only knew his voice because of his brief friendship with Kendall - I would be there sometimes, but never in the conversation.
Kendall and Jessica would tease me saying how much I stare at him and that I'm so in love. I feel like they were part of the reason the feelings came.
Jonathan's school was near my house, but people from their school came to the town centre to hang out before going home, which was near their school anyway.

When I was off the bus I made sure my jumper was tucked in, with my skirt rolled, socks high and my blazer off - the most sex appeal you can have when you're in school uniform; especially when you're in an all girls school. We locked eyes for about two seconds, and I could tell his eyes lingered when I turned away, my back facing him.

The bus home was in 10 minutes, so me and the girls went to Sainsbury's to get our daily after school snacks - white chocolate chip cookies, ready salted crisps and a KA can for £3.
By the time we got out, the bus was due so we sped walked to the other bus stop to catch it. Kendall and Jessica are always too scared to go upstairs first, so I took one for the team. I felt a burst of heat in my heart as I was shocked to see who was there.

 I felt a burst of heat in my heart as I was shocked to see who was there

Jonathan and his friends were spread out around the back. They were the only ones upstairs. Their previously loud voices went quiet as they saw me. At this point it was 4.45 and usually they stay in the town centre until about 6 or 7 pm, so I was wondering why they were there. I was so shook I had forgot to keep walking, until Jessica nudged me forward a little.
It was difficult enough deciding what seat to sit in normally, and now I had to think quick enough so I didn't fall over as the bus started to move. I sat two rows in front of where they were sitting as we were used to sitting in the back end of the bus. Jessica sat next to me, with Kendall sitting sideways in front of us.

I could hear deep whispers coming from behind me, making the hairs on my skin stand tall. My introverted self made me keep forward and still, careful to not bring attention to me. Kendall and Jessica's sniggering didn't help as they saw the fear in my eyes.

"Yo JT just go man!" I heard his friend, M1, say.
JT was Jonathan's 'road name' - M1's real name was Matthew and he got irate if anyone were to use his government name. M1 was a really tall brownskin who was bestfriends with Jonathan.

A few seconds later, I heard footsteps walking forward. Kendall's eyes followed their movements until they stopped, next to us. My eyes rose slowly as I saw exactly who I guessed.

"Tiana, you good?" Jonathan said in his quiet yet assertive tone.
"Yeah, you?" I said, barely making it audible.
"Yeah, b. I was just wondering if I could get your snap?" He said with some shyness in in his voice, biting his lip after.

This was all I wanted. After months it finally happened. Fireworks were bursting inside of me. However, I still had the thought that this was all a prank.

"S-sure" I said hesitantly, working hard to hold back my smile.

He gave me his phone open on snap, as I tried to control my fingers from shaking. I saw Kendall and Jessica smiling, excited for me. I saw that there were no girls on his best friend list, which was a good sign. I quickly typed in my username - PTiana.xo - and added myself on his phone. I felt the vibration of my phone in the pocket of my blazer that I was holding - the notification of a new add.

I gave Jonathan his phone back and our fingers grazed for a split second. He walked back to his friends and I heard them praising him. My stop was the next one so Kendall, Jessica and I got up to go down the stairs. We looked at eachother as if to say "OMGGGGGG". I was the last to go down and I looked up a bit.

"Later Tiana" Jonathan shouted from the back of the bus.
Overwhelmed with the amount of faces looking at me, I did a little wave and carried on down the stairs, off the bus.

Comment vote share please✨