12- Reality Check

My heart began to feel like there was a brick inside my chest that just shattered. I let Matthew get in my head. Would Jonathan have left if I gave it up the first time? Did he actually like me from the beginning? If Matthew knew, why did he still do that to his best friend?

I turned around and saw Matthew in McDonald's just on his phone. I didn't even want to face him. I got on my bus home, tears falling down my face the whole way. I got out my phone, and decided to try to text the only person that might not hate or judge me.

Me
| hey Josephine
| ik u don't want to talk to anyone, but I'm
| really struggling right now, and I think we
| both need someone to talk to.
Josephine🧚‍♂️
| I heard about what u did an it was pretty bad
| But Im always here for you if you need to talk

Even with all this, she still helped me. We both explained our problems in depth with one another. It was nice to have someone truly by my side.

M1 tried to call and text me, but I decided even if Jonathan was lying, I should take a break from dating.

——

Over the next few weeks, I would lay low in school, and take a back route home. I was too embarrassed. Every morning, I would see if Kendall or Jessica had unblocked me, but each time left me in sadness.

But one morning, I started feeling sick...

Comment vote share please✨