Chapter 7: Illusion

Chapter 7: Illusion

Sasuke laughed to himself as he recalled that night a few months ago. Now, it was the night of their anniversary. Currently, the younger Uchiha was sitting on a bench, waiting for Itachi. The couple had gone to a peaceful, Japanese-style gardens just to get away from the normal hustle and bustle of their everyday lives. Itachi had been promoted to first class detective last month, which left him with next to no free time. Sasuke had begun his own work at a law firm a few weeks ago, so he hadn’t had time to spend with his brother for over a month.

Today, however, the couple had taken the entire day off, getting some much needed alone time. Itachi had treated him like a prince, even more so than he normally did on their anniversary. There had been a never ending stream of sweet nothings in his ear throughout the day, breakfast in bed, several presents, a bouquet of roses, and multiple other treats. Sasuke had never felt so pampered and adored. He was happier than words could express.

He was drawn out of his thoughts by a familiar pressure on his forehead. He looked up to find Itachi smiling sweetly at him, holding a cone of strawberry icecream out to the male. Sasuke took it, sending the other man a small grin. Even though Sasuke had ever been one for a lot of sweets, after a particular night involving him, Itachi, whipped cream, and the aforementioned flavor of icecream, the young adult had come to love anything that involved strawberries.

The older of the pair sat down, licking his own vanilla cone. Sasuke reached out and entangled their free hands, blushing shyly at the look Itachi sent him. “S-Sorry, I just missed being able to hold your hand and be together like this.”  he said, then sunk into silence as he lapped at his cone a bit nervously.

“Don’t be sorry...I know I haven’t been around as often as usual.” He sighed, finishing his ice cream and leaning back against the bench and looking at the tree above them. He let Sasuke finish his own cone before he let a small smile ghost over his face. “Sasuke...let’s go. I have something to show you…” He got up, pulling  the younger male up with him., smiling brighter.  He lead the other out of the garden, and down the street.

He stopped in front of the door of a restaurant, letting Sasuke drink it in. They were standing in front of the classiest, top rated restaurant in town.  The lights shone down on the pair, Itachi glancing at Sasuke before saying, “I thought we should do something really special today.” He pulled the younger inside,  and they were escorted to their reserved table towards the back of the restaurant. Itachi sat across from Sasuke, holding his hands from where he was. “Sasuke...You okay? You seem dazed.”  he chuckled, waiting for the younger to respond.

The man had turned a deep pink, both happy and embarrassed about the attention Itachi was showering him with. He nodded at the question, smiling tenderly at the other. “Yeah, I’m fine. I will admit it, though. You’re driving me insane with all the things you’ve been doing today.” he said, looking to the side with a small smile.

Itachi smiled again, calling a waiter over. He turned to Sasuke. “Order whatever you want…” He stated calmly. He had a bottle of champagne brought to the table and waited as Sasuke ordered his food. He stared at the other when the restaurant worker had left.