Chapter 4 : Abandoning again

The girl in front of you, hiding behind a dumpster, is your childhood friend, who you thought has died for a long time ago.

But she's here.

"Anik... You're alive?" - You come near to her, but it's strange, she's a zombie, how could she speak?

"Who are you... Why do you know my name??" - She asks.

"... You don't remember me? It's me! Y/n! Anik!"

"... Y/n..... Y/n...... Y/n? Wait... Is that really you?"

"Of course... Oh my god... What happened to you?" - You hug her.

"No... Let go of me..." - She push you away. "Y/n... Get out of here... While you can..."

"Anik... What happened?"

"... As you see here... I am a zombie..."

"... What happened with you... Where have you been in all these years?"

"... Y/n... I was died... Back there... In New York... And... I got turned... Into a filthy zombie...."

"No you're not..." - You said to her.

"I don't know why... But i still have conscious... Doesn't like others... And they don't attack me..."

And Durandal is standing outside the alley, you notice her as well.

"Y/n? Is there anything wrong inside?"
- Durandal asks you.

"Ah, Leader, it- 'Wait a fucking minute... Why do i have to tell her? She works for that bastard as well... If i'm tell her about Anik... She'll ended up being killed by Durandal...' Ah... It's nothing..."

"You sure? Because i heard you talking to someone."

"..."

"Is there anything wrong? Is there anything behind that dumpster?"

"..."

She keep coming closer, in order to find out if there is anything.

"... Stop." - You stands up, and grab your blade as well.

"What are you doing?" - She asks.

"... Just... Don't go inside."

Durandal, she notice you have some changed.

"... Y/n... Don't tell me... You... Remembered all of it?"

"Tch." - You quickly grab Anik, and jumps on a building. And quickly run away from there.

But is it possible? Durandal and Rita, is the strongest duo of Schicksal, and they led some members of the Immortal Blades as well.

And it is possible to escape from here, a small town inside a middle of nowhere, mountains everywhere. And there is only 3 trucks.

"Damn it... If only i have remember it from earlier... I shouldn't let them come with me..." - You said, then looks to where they keep the trucks.

There are about 6 people are guarding there.

With your power, you can easily take them down, but we are talking about the Immortal Blades, the most Elite team of Schicksal, and if one of them escape, they'll alert Durandal and Rita, along with the others members of Immortal Blades, that will be a shit.

You won't even have enough time to start the engine.

And besides, a storm is coming, and you have to protect Anik, whatever it takes.

"Y/n, can we talk?" - Durandal's voice behind you.

You turns back immediately, and get Anik behind you, and sees Durandal is already on the surface of the building where you are standing right now.