Chapter 19: Boot Camp, Week 2

Today, I woke up at around 4 and went out on my morning jog. I was thinking that if I knew that the wizards were this out of shape, I would've added an extra week of conditioning.

However, a flash of light in the corner of my eye brought me out of my thoughts. When I turned to see what it was, there were now four girls in silver jackets. The Hunters of Artemis.

As I got closer, I could see their faces. It was Artemis, Thalia, Phoebe, and is that Reyna?

Phoebe was the first to notice me. She scowled, "You dare look at the Hunters of Artemis, boy?

The other three turned, startled. But when Artemis saw me, she said, "Phoebe, Perseus Jackson is always to be allowed in the Hunt. Understand?"

Phoebe grudgingly nodded.

I asked, "Since when was Reyna a member, and also, why are they only four of you?"

Reyna said, "I joined after you returned to Hogwarts, after Christmas break."

Artemis then answered my second question. "As for the four of us, the Hunt was attacked. We were the only survivors."

I nodded in understanding. I always respected the Hunters. Even if they didn't respect me.

She continued, "We called a Council meeting, and we agreed to come here. Hecate says that this is a safe place. And that you needed the help."

I nodded, "Yeah. Turns out that the wizards are even more out of shape that I thought. This week is hand to hand combat."

Artemis said, "We'll help you."

"Okay, but first, you have to come with me inside the castle, so we can talk to the headmaster, Albus Dumbledore."

Thalia spoke up, "I'll go. I'm Artemis' lieutenant, and I don't mind being around males."

Artemis agreed, "You may go, Thalia."

After we were out of the view of the Hunt, tears began to form in Thalia's eyes.

Worried, I asked, "Thalia, what's wrong. The hunters are probably in Elysium. They'll be fine."

Thalia said, "That's not it Percy. It's Annabeth. She went for rebirth."

I stopped in my tracks. "What!?"

"She's gone, Percy. She went yesterday."

I couldn't believe it. My Wise Girl can't be gone. Not without saying goodbye. She wouldn't have.

I glared at her, "You're lying. She would have said goodbye."

Thalia shook her head, "She did. She left you a message. Hades told me to tell you when we went to the council. She said that she wanted you to move on. She doesn't want you to live your life, waiting to die, so you can reunite with her."

Tears began to form in my eyes. The ground began to shake, and thunder could be heard in the background.

Thalia put her hand on my shoulder, "You already mourned for her once Percy. And right now, you have wizards to train. You need to calm down."

I wiped the tears from my face and vapor traveled us to Dumbledore's office.

Already expecting us, was Professor Dumbledore. He was sitting at his desk reading the Daily Prophet, a wizard newspaper.

He put the paper down and greeted, "Welcome Miss Grace."

Thalia interjected, "Please, call me Thalia. I don't go by my last name, unlike my brother."

Dumbledore nodded.

There was a brief awkward silence between us. So, in my Percy fashion, I broke it.

"Artemis and the remaining Hunters are here to help with the wizards' training."

Dumbledore agreed, "That would be wonderful. From what I've heard from Mr. Jackson, they will need it."

After that, he picked up his newspaper and went back to his reading.

Time Skip

I decided to help Artemis and the Hunt by setting up their camp. They were near the Great Lake, so they could get easy access to water. They were close enough to the castle, to help when needed. But still far enough so they won't be bothered.

I told them about the Room of Requirement, and how to get in. That way, they could train in a fully equipped training room.

By the time the wizards began to report for Boot Camp, the Hunt was all set up, and Artemis learned that I'm terrible at archery. Even with my blessing from Apollo.

Reyna and Thalia came with me, since Artemis had her godly duties, and Phoebe would just turn any male into a jackalope just for being in her presence.

Once all the wizards had arrived, I greeted them, "Welcome to Week Two of Boot Camp. This week will be hand to hand combat. With me are two Hunters of Artemis. Thalia and Reyna."

Should I give the dudes a warning about their vows? Nah.(What?! I haven't had a good laugh in ages.)

I continued, "Now pair up with someone who is around your height."

While they were getting into pairs, Ron came up to Thalia and said, "Hey Pretty, wanna go get some butterbeer later?"

I smirked while Thalia punched Ron in the face and all the wizards froze.

"I'm an eternal maiden!"

Ron clutched his face. "So? You haven't met me yet."

I couldn't help it. I burst out laughing while Thalia summoned some lightning, shocking Ron to the point where his hair stood up.

Harry then went up to her and shouted, "What right do you have?! We saved the Wizarding World! What did you do?"

I immediately stopped laughing. I had my fun. But I couldn't have Thalia kill Harry right now.

So, I did the first thing that popped into my head.

I ran over to them and burst into flames. Harry slowly backed up before taking Ron somewhere. Probably the hospital wing.

I clapped my hands together and said, "Now, where were we?"