CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

also known as

LAUNDRY MIXUP !

ATHENA ADDAMS STEPPED DOWN THE STAIRS, humming a little tune to herself as she held her blue laundry hamper under her arm. Her sandy hair tied back in a messy ponytail, and her face bare, she hated doing laundry. Once a week she did this, going as late as she could to avoid interaction when she looked the way she did. As she rounded the corner, she heard cursing.

She looked inside to see it empty as usual, except a man around her age, holding a much larger hamper of clothes. She guessed he didn't do laundry often, or maybe had a roommate. He was cursing at the washing machine, beating the top of it with his fist, "Stupid thing! I told Chandler I only had 2 quarters and he sent me down here expecting what? To pull some out of my ass?" He was good looking, His New York accent rich as he rambled loudly.

Athena set her laundry hamper on one of the washers and walked toward the man slowly, "Excuse me?" She said quietly, holding her small bag of quarters. The man didn't seem to hear her so she cleared her throat, "Excuse me?" She repeated, a little louder this time.

He turned around and looked at her, "Oh! How you doin?" He smirked leaning against the machine, banging on it again as it stopped shaking with clothes.

"I'm doing fine. I heard you needed some quarters?" She asked, holding out her bag, "I'm only doing one load so you can use as many as you need." She assured, noticing him looking her up and down, she coughed uncomfortably.

"Oh thank you! My roommate is an idiot and obviously doesn't understand supply.." He gestured toward the clothes, "and demand!" He pointed to the bag of quarters that was now in his hand. Athena laughed, turning to grab her clothes and claiming a washer. Another reason she hated doing laundry was a dreadful old lady, who tended to claim all the washers as hers.

The man popped 4 more quarters into the machine before handing Athena her bag back, "Thank you again, I'm Joey Tribianni." The man now known as Joey greeted, holding out his hand.

Athena shook his hand with her free one, "Athena Addams. It's nice to meet you Joey." She said, a friendly smile on her face. Joey furrowed his eyebrows, "I've never seen you before..."

Athena nodded, figures. She was never one with many friends. After working at the diner down the street, she'd collapse at home and sleep. And on her days off would read in her small apartment with her cat, Venus, "Um I live upstairs! Apartment 15."

Joey nodded, "Woah! That's below us. I'm in apartment 19." The two became silent, doing their separate loads of laundry, before Athena remembered she left her apron upstairs. How silly of her to bring down her entire uniform and forgot the dirtiest part of it, "Oh shoot! It was nice meeting you Joey, but I need to run upstairs and grab something to throw in here." She said, motioning to the washer full of her clothes.

Joey nodded, "Okay! It was nice meeting you too. Maybe we'll see each other again soon." He smirked again. Athena nodded, "Yeah...maybe." Before bounding up the stairs to her apartment.

As she unlocked the door, she heard the familiar noises coming from Luna, who immediately surrounded her feet as if to tell her she wanted attention.

"I'll be right back girl, just need to grab something." Athena scratched the cat's head, before going to her bedroom, sorting through the clothes piled next to her closet. She cursed at herself before she finally found her flour stained apron, "Aha!"