CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

also known as

DARREN THE DREAMBOAT

AS SHE WALKED OUT OF her apartment complex, Athena looked at the list of everything Chandler and Joey said they needed from the grocery store. 'Beer, Cocoa Puffs, Milk, Pudding, Orange Juice, Anything you want :)'

She smiled as she read the last part, judging by the handwriting, the list was written by Chandler. As she walked toward the direction of the store, she felt someone bump into her shoulder, causing her to stumble backwards. "Oh I'm sorry!" a deep voice called.

Athena shook her head and smoothed out her clothes, "No no I'm sorry, I should've been paying attention." She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and looked up to see who it was.

It was a man, blonde, about the same height as Chandler, with brown eyes. He looked like someone from 90210. Chandler made fun of her for watching that show.

"I'm Darren." He smiled brightly, "And you are?" He reached out his hand and Athena noticed the obvious pricey watch he was wearing.

"Athena." She beamed back, shaking his hand.

__

"DARREN?" Rachel exclaimed, "As in 'Darren the Dreamboat' Darren?" She practically squealed.

The group was in the girls' apartment, currently discussing Athena's new friend.

"I'm not sure? His name is Darren though. He was blonde, with brown eyes, and a gorgeous smile." Athena said. "That's gotta be the dreamboat!" Monica said, her hands moving rapidly.

"May I ask, who is this dreamboat?" Joey asked, looking up with a mouth full of pizza.

"He's this boy we went to high school with! He was the dreamiest boy in the whole school, once he made a girl pass out in the cafeteria." Rachel said, staring into space, reminiscing.

Chandler gritted his teeth, "And do you plan to hop aboard the dreamboat Athena?" He said mockingly, eyebrows furrowed.

Athena shrugged, "I mean I'm getting a drink with him sometime in the next few days!" She smiled, causing the girls to squeal with excitement. Chandler could feel his heart fall out of his chest, "Um...I suddenly feel tired. I'm gonna...head across the hall." He jumped up, walking to their apartment. Athena furrowed her eyebrows, concerned.

__

"Chan, can you grab me a coke?" Athena asked, sending Chandler a grin from her spot on the couch. He obliged, grabbing himself some yogurt as well.

Athena stretched her legs on the coffee table and took the can from Chandler's hand, "Oh, my knight in shining armor!"

Chandler sat next to the girl and smiled at her words, "A knight? Me? I don't even deserve to be in your presence. I should be your jester or something!"

Athena laughed and opened her drink. Chandler wished he could rewind the sound of her laughing 100 times.

"Ross did you really read all these baby books?" Joey asked, examining the pile of baby books in front of them. Athena planned to knit something for Ross' baby boy since her job situation stopped her from pursuing a store bought gift. Did she know how to knit? No.