CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

also known as

FUNERALS AND WORM FOOD

"I MEAN CAN YOU BELIEVE SHE THOUGHT.." Chandler trailed off, laughing a little. He had just finished telling his group of friends how a coworker tried to set him up with a man at work, implying that he was gay.

"I mean....yeah.." Rachel said. Athena giggled from her spot on the floor. The seven of them were sitting in Monica and Rachel's apartment, eating their takeout Chinese food. Athena was sat on the floor in between Chandler's legs, eating noodles with chopsticks. She leaned back against his legs, taking a sip of her drink.

Chandler furrowed his eyebrows, looking at the blonde.

"Well when I first met you...I thought...maybe....you might be..." Rachel said, trying not to hurt Chandler's feelings. He sat up straight, careful not to make Athena uncomfortable, "You did?" He asked.

"Well yeah! But then you spent the entirety of Phoebe's birthday party talking to my breasts then I figured maybe not." Rachel said, going back to eating her food.

Chandler scratched his neck, "Did uh...anybody else think that when you first met me?" He asked, gesturing to the whole group.

"Yeah I did." Monica and Phoebe said, followed by the guys saying they didn't. Chandler looked down at the girl below him, "What about you Athena?"

Athena looked up, "Me? Well...our first encounter involved you and Joey stealing my clothes...so no." She shoved some more noodles in her mouth, before going to set her empty plate in the sink, beginning the dishes.

"Although, back in college, Susan Salador thought so." Ross said. Earning a confused, "Are you kidding?" from Chandler, "Did you tell her I wasn't?" He asked.

"No." Ross said, looking up from his plate, making Athena laughed as she scrubbed a plate. She listened to Ross tell a story on how he told Susan that Chandler was seeing a man to get closer to her.

"Well this is fascinating! So, what is it about me?" Chandler asked, leaning back against the couch. The group started to say he had a 'quality'.

"Well thanks! I was worried you guys were gonna be vague about this." Chandler said sarcastically, before taking his plate into the kitchen, dropping it in the soapy water.

"You don't think I have a quality do you?" Chandler asked the girl, leaning against the counter, obviously bothered by the group's assumptions.

Athena looked over at the brunette, "No I don't. I think that sometimes when girls see an attractive, funny, sweet guy, they like to think that they're....too good to be true." She smiled, trying to make him feel better.

Chandler smirked, "So you think I'm attractive?" He asked, making Athena's cheeks flush pink.

She dried her hands off with a hand towel before turning to him, "Well I-"

"Ross...it's nana." Monica said as she held the phone, turning to her brother.

__

"I just have to know...is it my hair?" Chandler asked. The group, minus the Gellers, were at Central Perk, and Chandler was still set on the whole gay thing.