CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

also known as

THE BLACKOUT

WALKING INTO THE BANK in her waitress uniform, Athena shivered. It was always cold walking at night with her skirt, but alas she forgot to get cash out of the ATM earlier so here she was after her shift, trying to remember her PIN number.

As if on que, the power in the bank cut off, "Great." She mumbled as she watched the ATM screen go black. Suddenly a dim light came on, from a generator, she guessed. She walked around in the dark, hearing footsteps. She panicked and squinted her eyes, trying to see if anyone else was there.

Suddenly she flinched at the loud sound of someone shaking the door, "Wha-oh that's great! Just great!" The person yelled.

Athena turned to the person and smiled, "Chandler?" She asked. Since meeting at the coffee house, Athena had became one with the group and had been hanging out with them for the past couple of days.

Chandler turned around and suddenly being locked in an ATM vestibule wasn't that bad, but somehow worse? "H-hey Athena! What are you doing here?" He cringed at himself.

"Um I came to at some cash out of the ATM." She laughed, walking closer to him. Before she opened her mouth, she heard a ringing and sighed. She held up one finger and grabbed the big cell phone from her purse. Her father insisted she have a phone to use, although she'd rather use her house phone.

"Hey dad." She greeted.

__

Chandler couldn't believe it. Thankfully Athena walked away to talk to her father. He took this time to run over to the pay phone and stick two quarters in.

"Hello?" Monica answered.

"It's me." Chandler whispered.

"It's Chandler!" She announced, "How are you?"

"Good!" Chandler looked over to see Athena laughing on the phone and smiled, "I'm....stuck in an ATM vestibule withathena." He whisper rushed the last part.

"What?" Monica asked, not understanding. He sighed and repeated himself, "I'm stuck...in an ATM vestibulewithathena." He said. Monica frowned, "I have no idea what you're sayi-"

"Put Joey on the phone!" Chandler yelled. Athena looked over after she heard him yell. Chandler smiled sweetly at her, causing her to blush and go back to her phone.

Chandler repeated his whispered words to Joey, who yelled, "HE'S TRAPPED IN AN ATM VESTIBULE WITH ATHENA!"

Chandler heard the gang cheer and he rolled his eyes, "I don't know what to do." He said nervously. Glancing back to see Athena walking around, her hair pulled half up, her work headband holding most of it back, but a few strands sticking out. She was gorgeous, it made Chandler want to vomit.

"Just talk to her man. Get to know her! Her favorite color and her favorite sex position, you know!" Joey smirked at his words. Chandler felt his cheeks go a little pink, "Yeah! Let me just engage in a game of strip poker while I'm at it! Bye now" He said before hanging up the phone and turning to Athena, who was sitting in the floor, fiddling with the hem of her skirt.