meet the van dijks

You and ruel had been dating for a couple of weeks now and you'd never been happier, although you've only known each other for less than a month you felt like it had been years because of the relationship you guys had already made. Since you met him his concert backstage you became more than just a fan, but someone special to ruel and even though you felt you knew him as well as a fan could, there was so much more to him that you never would have imagined. Parts of him you never would see online, but it made you feel happy him trusting you and opening up, including the most adorable childhood moments, embarrassing stories and secrets of ruel and his family. You felt like such a huge part of ruels life and it made you happy the way he acted with you.

One night you and ruel were messaging and he randomly said ' hey I was thinking and you should come over for dinner to meet my parents properly? Their kinda desperate to meet you lol. And coco wants to see you again and I do too :)'. You smiled at the text message but also felt nervous. What if they didn't like you? They probably think you aren't good enough for his son. Even though ruel told you so much about them it felt like you knew a lot and they did seem lovely. You reply saying ' oh I'd love to the only thing is I hope they like me😬'. Ruel instantly replies saying ' babe their so happy with you and they haven't even met you, they keep saying they wanna meet you y/n, don't worry they'll love you but not as much as I do'. Everytime Ruel reassured you in any way with his cute messages you felt so blessed to have such a caring boyfriend he was the sweetest boy to exist. You both talked about the plans on Friday evening for you to come over and you catched up on each other's days.

It was Friday evening and you were extremely nervous although you yourself didn't understand why. You knew ruels parents were so sweet I mean how would they raise coco and ruel to be the kindest kids ever. You work a white dress to give a good impression, hopefully not too formal and applied some makeup. You brought a gift for them because you wanted those extra brownie points. You drove over to ruels house for the first time ever and wow was it huge. You knocked on the door and instantly ruels mother opened it. ' you must be y/n, wow you are even more beautiful in person than the pictures!' She smiled and you felt so happy and said ' Thankyou so much it's so nice to meet you'. ' oh come in come in darling, dinners just about to start, I'll call ruel too he's been whining the past hour about you' she chuckled as you blushed. You replied ' also this is for you' as you presented her a gift bag full of flowers and chocolates. She smiled and hugged you saying ' you are so lovely there was no need my dear but thankyou so much'. You hugged her back saying 'it's nothing' she said pulling back and holding your arms ' no really Thankyou in general, honestly you've made our ruel so happy I don't think I've ever seen him so positive, it warms my heart and he's told me so much about you that you already are a part of this family so feel right at home' she kissed the top of your head. You felt so happy it made you a little emotional but you turned around to see ruels dad as he introduced himself hugging you and he was so easy to talk to and incredibly funny, must be where ruel got it from. His parents were so lovely and it was so nice talking to them in the kitchen you didn't realise the time passing. Sylvie and coco had came down and were so sweet like older sisters to me and we had met before but I loved talking to them, plus they'd tell me loads about ruel secrets and embarrassing things about the cutie.

It had been half an hour since you had arrived chatting away, ruels mum said ' where is ruel? He had been saying everything needs to be perfect for you and he's not even downstairs, do you wanna go up to his room and call him so we can start the dinner?' You replied ' oh sure. Coco had said it was the room on the end of the hall to left, and it felt like a maze how big their house was but you found it. You knocked on the door and no answer so you waited a while but then walked in. You walked in to see the cutest thing ever, ruel passed out on his bed he looked so peaceful and cute. You sat on his bed close to him and put your fingers through his hair and slowly ruel woke up and groaned saying ' ughhh whattttt' without realising who was in front of him. He opened his eyes and he shot up in shock, 'y/n omg your here finally!' He got up and hugged you so tight kissing you on the lips as you smiled saying ' come on dinners ready your mums been calling you'. He replied saying ' oh shit yeah sorry I fell asleep leaving you with my annoying family' You replied saying ' their so sweet what are you talking about? I think I may like them more than you' you said whilst grinning. He replied as you walked out his room saying ' you could never I know you love all this' he said winking at you pointing at his tall self, you laughed and rolled your eyes. He said loud as he grabbed your hand stopping you from walking ' damn you look so good' he said looking you up and down. You replied ' aw thanks baby' you grabbed his hand and walked down the stairs together as he lightly grabbed your ass whispering in your ear ' I mean really good you are beautiful'. You smiled as you caught view of the family and knew ruel would be flirty all night.

You all sat together around the table, eating the lovely meal ruels mum made which was a 10/10. You all laughed as everyone embarassed ruel with all the things he did as a child as ruel got so red but it was the cutest thing ever. Seeing how ruel bonded with his family made your heart melt and you felt at home. Ruels dad began to take photos of you and ruel as coco and Sylvie photobombed but it was an amazing night and you loved spending time with everyone and couldn't be happier. Luckiest girl in the world.

*i think this was really cute 🥺👉👈 I don't know it made me smile lol sorry if it's cringey. Comment please if you like it :)