Chapter three

The next day were normal classes until All Might bursted in through the door. We had to go to special training grounds. We changed into our gym clothes and waited in a monitoring room. We got put in teams of two because we were with 22.(added rival character, ur welcome)

Me and Kacchan ended up together. Yes, his name's Katsuki Bakugou and I've know that for a long time, but Kacchan seemed to annoy him more. We got some free time to talk about strategy. I didn't bother talking with that hardheaded guy.

"Izuku, you're with Todoroki-kun right?" I asked in my usual uninterested voice.

"Yeah! We're up against Iida and Uraraka!"

"Well, good luck."

"Thanks! Though I think you'll need it more." He said as he looked over my shoulder.

I looked too and behind me was Kacchan. I wondered why he was behind me but before I could ask I got dragged away by him.

"I can walk." I said as I was being dragged outside.

"Shut up!"

He let me go and I dropped to the floor. He leaned back against the wall behind him and glared at me.

"What was the big idea?" I asked, getting up.

"I heard your little talk with Aizawa-sensei."

I flinched. My eyes widened and I looked up at him. I was terrified. Why him of all people? I took a step back and my gaze fell to the ground.

"What now, then? You gonna blackmail me? Taunt me? Reveal everything?"

"Tch, I'm not that harsh!"

I was still nervous. Why did he tell me he knew? Was he going to use it to his advantage?

"Forget it!"

"What? I can't. You know my past and that's bad."

"So? Whatcha gonna do 'bout it?!" Kacchan taunted.

"If it wasn't for Izuku I would've killed you were you stand."

"Why him?!"

"Because he'll be upset if I do so."

"So what?! Let the nerd be upset!"

I grabbed his neck and slammed his head against the wall in anger. I lifted him from the ground with one hand.

"I owe him my life! If it wasn't for his kindness I would've been dead by now! Starved, dehydrated, or killed by a hero! If he'd called the cops that day instead of telling Inko I would've been dead! Just like the others!" I said.

I dropped Kacchan. He coughed a bit before standing up and looking me in the eye.

"Why the fuck would you've been killed?!"

"I'd be a danger to humanity. I was trained to be a killer machine and that won't go out of my system just like that! I would've murdered people over the tiniest things!"

"That's fucking messed up!"

"Tell me something I don't know!"

"Then why do you wanna be a hero!"

"Because I don't want others to suffer like I did! To lose everything they had for some experiments! To have their parents turn their backs against them!"

A mix of sadness and anger had build up in me. I tried to push it down, but it didn't work. The pain was evident in my voice and the rage in my eyes.

Kacchan looked almost guilty, but only for a split second. He looked away, sighed and looked back at me. Then I realized I just gave him all my information. I didn't know why I did it. It just flew out. I couldn't control it. My emotions...

"S-sorry. I-my..."

"Whatever. Just focus on the fight."

I slowly nodded and exhaled. I just hoped Kacchan would either forget about it or ignore it. The first would be the best.

Since we had to go Ojiro and Amamiya I was best to go after the latter. I could use my agility against her long range attacks, since her quirk is sprouting vines from her body and using it to attack. Bakugou could use his strength against Ojiro. Since we were the ones going after the bomb, we just found this a good way.

"Kacchan, can you...forget what I told you?"

"Why would I?"

"Because it's dangerous. I'm dangerous."

"So? UA is dangerous! Hero's work is dangerous!"

"Not that kind of dangerous."

"There is no other kind of dangerous! For fucks sake, it's not like I'll let it slip like Deku did!"

"But he didn't-"

"I mean his quirk! It was a load of bullshit anyways."

Right, that was bullshit...

"Whatever, it's not like I care about you."

"...let's go back inside."

And without another word I passed him and went inside again. For some reason it hurt when he said he didn't care about me. I didn't know why. It just did. I was letting my emotions slip, that much was clear.

I inhaled and exhaled deeply to calm down and compose myself.

"Ah! L/n-kun!"

I flinched at the sound of my last name. Not visibly, but mentally. I turned around to see Amamiya walking towards me.

"We're up second! I hope we'll have a good fight!" She said awfully peppy. "I won't be going easy on you though!"

"I don't care." I replied harshly.

I didn't even know the bitch and she was talking like were were buddies since kindergarten or something. Her awfully high voice annoyed me too. She tried to sound and look cute as well. It didn't quite work.

Let me paint a picture: she had brown hair in pigtails with black bows, brown eyes, a leather jacket, a black dress, black...thighs? And black heels

It didn't look cute to me, but I could tell she was trying to look cute

It didn't look cute to me, but I could tell she was trying to look cute. And this was supposed to be her hero outfit? Not very efficient if those vines could sprout from everywhere on her body, unless her intent was to rip off her clothes in the process.

"Say, L/n-kun! Can I call you Y/n?"

"No."

"Aw, too bad. I wanna be your friend."

"Friends are useless."

"Aren't you and Bakugou friends?"

I looked at her as if she was crazy. I mean, she was but still. She just looked at me, confused and with a small pout.

"You're wasting my time. Move."

I was leaning against a wall before and she cornered me. I could've gotten away if I pushed her hard enough, but that would be a bit harsh even for me.

"But L/n-kun~."

"It's time for the battle between Amamiya and Ojiro vs Bakugou and L/n!" All Might announced.

"Oh! Here we go! Good luck."

She walked towards the building. I waited a minute before heading over too.