Chapter six

I told her the story, Kacchan springing in from time to time because it was hard for me to tell. We were sitting at the table, Kimiko between me and Kacchan and Izuku and Inko opposite of us.

"That's quite the story..." Inko said once we finished talking.

"Yeah, I know." I replied.

"Okay, well, we don't have extra rooms so Kimiko'll have to stay with you, Y/n."

"That's fine by me."

"Okay, good! Katsuki, you're going to eat dinner here, right?"

"I have to go-"

"Don't be silly, there's enough for you too."

Kacchan ended up eating dinner with us. Every time he glared at Izuku I gave him a glare and he quickly stopped. After dinner Kacchan helped me clean up the table before going home. Kimiko didn't want him to go so he promised to come by tomorrow morning before school.

"Right, Kimiko will have to go to school!" Inko remembered.

"Yes, but first she'll have to learn how to handle strangers."

"It's okay Y/n. I can go to school." Kimiko replied in her sweet, innocent voice.

"Are you sure it'll be okay?"

"Uhuh! You don't have to worry about me."

I ended up caving in to her puppy eyes and Inko send a mail to a nearby school. When it got late I took Kimiko upstairs and gave her one of my shirts to sleep in. We crawled into the bed and fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up earlier than my alarm, so I put it off to let Kimiko sleep in a bit. Her school started next week. I put on my school uniform and made myself some breakfast before waking up Kimiko. Inko has given me some of Midoriya's old clothes, so I let her choose a pair. She chose a pair of jeans, an orange shirt and black socks.

"Looks good on you." I commented.

"Really?"

"Yeah, you look beautiful."

She gave me a tight hug and I gently hugged her back. I made her some breakfast too and while she ate it I packed my bag. Just when I was done someone knocked on the door. I opened it to reveal Kacchan standing in the doorway.

"Yo." He said.

"Hey, Kimiko's in the kitchen."

"Kay."

We walked to the kitchen were Kimiko just finished her breakfast. Her face lit up when she saw Kacchan. She jumped from her chair and quickly walked over.

"You came..." she said amazed.

"Yeah, well, I promised didn't I?"

She looked so happy with that reply. Her eyes were almost sparkling. Then I remembered I had to ask her something.

"What's your quirk?" I asked.

"You seriously didn't ask yet?"

"Shut up, I forgot."

"I can shift into a coyote!" She said.

"Oh? That's awesome!"

She nodded happily. I was glad to see her so happy, knowing the torment she went through. I was glad she had people she could trust.

"Okay, but Izuku, the idiot and big bro need to go to school now." I said , giving Kimiko a hug.

"Who're you calling an idiot?!"

"You, you idiot."

"Hahaha...you're dead." Kacchan threatened.

"Please be careful." Kimiko said with her big doggy eyes.

"We will be. Listen to Inko, okay?"

Kimiko nodded and the three of us left the house. Izuku was still shocked at how I could just insult Kacchan like that. Also the fact that Kacchan can handle a child.

"Say, Y/n?" Izuku asked.

"Hm?"

"How're you so good with children? You used to be so unsocial."

"There were little kids at the facility. Me and the other older kids used to comfort them and distract them."

"I see..."

Kacchan put his arm on my shoulder and I could feel he was purposefully putting pressure on them. It didn't hurt, but it wasn't exactly comfortable. I didn't say anything of it though and after a second he stopped pushing.

I felt Izuku's piercing stare from the side of me. I glanced in his direction and saw his eyes were wider than ever. I guess Kacchan and I did just go from enemies and wanting to fight 24/7 to completely chill, taunting each other.

"Whatcha lookin' at, nerd?"

"N-n-nothing!"

"You're more of a nerd than he is."

"Hah?!"

"You really think I never saw your test scores?"

"What?! When?!"

"Whenever you'd flaunt with them."

"Damn you."

"Not my fault."

Kacchan and I kept arguing back and forth like that until we arrived at school. We somehow started debating on wether water was wet or not. It became pretty heated.

"No it's not! Water makes things wet!"

"Therefor it makes itself wet!"

"No! If you add water to water you don't have wet water, you just have more water!"

"Bullshit!"

"It's like saying fire is on fire!"

"...wait, is it?"

"Fuck."

Now we were arguing about both. We were basically at each other's throats when we walked into the classroom. Kacchan was yelling and I was talking rather loudly.

"Please don't raise your voices that loud." Iida said, coming between us.

"Shut up!" We both said.

"Ah! Excuse me! I'm the class president and-"

"Ugh! Shut up! It's not like we're really fighting dammit!" Kacchan said, truly annoyed. "But I might fight you if you don't shut your trap."

"Wait, you two don't hate each other?" Uraraka asked confused.

"Define 'hate'." I got shoved by Kacchan. "Ah-what? I'm just kidding."

I showed him the smallest of smiles ever. Kacchan scoffed and looked at Uraraka.

"I knew I should've stayed yesterday! I could've bonded with L/n instead of Bakugou!" Amamiya shrieked.

"Huh? Yesterday? Bonded?" Kaminari asked.

"I don't know. She just kept bugging me so sensei told her to leave already." I shrugged.

I sat down in my seat and school continued as normal.