Chapter Two

( talk all night • dapurr )

As soon as I get home, I place my backpack on the hook, and pet the super excited Quebec, or Quby, as I like to call him. He's a Pomski, Pomeranian and Siberian Husky mix, and I've loved him since the day that I first saw him.

I found him in a box that had "free" messily scrawled onto it in black sharpie on the street not too far from my soon-to-be apartment. I couldn't pass up the chance to bring him with me.

It was a great thing that both Henrik and Miranda didn't mind two new additions. I'm still grateful that Chet introduced me to them.

"Hey Rik, Hi Mimi!" I call out at my roommates, walking over to the couch where Henrik is sitting. He's leaning forward, expression serious as he focuses on his COD game.

I watch him turn a corner and get shot at repeatedly, dying not too long after.

"Hi, Dan!" Henrik smiles at me, in his think german accent, moving the mic on his headset out of the way for a second. I smile back and we bump fists.

I head over to the sink and wash my hands just as Rik yells at a couple of his teammates frustratedly.

From her room, Miranda pokes her head out and sings a brief, "hello from the other side~" to me. Her run beautiful, as they usually tend to be.

I think I hear her say something about it being "a little bit pitchy" from behind her now closed door.

Deciding to walk into my room, Quby pats along the wooden floor not too far behind. Closing the door behind me, I make my way towards my bed, getting comfortable and settled under the pastel blue covers with Q before turning on my phone.

Immediately I think of Macy. Tugging out the folded piece of paper, that she had written her number on, from my pocket, I start putting her number into my contacts.

Erasing and retyping her name repeatedly, I eventually just stick with, "Macy ✨"

Before I can get too nervous, or overthink everything, I quickly send a brief text.

Hey, this is Andy from Muy Bean

To my surprise, within a couple of minutes, three dots pop up.

oh wow
hi andy! i would be lying if i didn't say that i'm surprised that you got back to me so quick haha

She's surprised?

I'm surprised that you actually responded, to be honest XD

It quickly occurs to me that she might think that I think she's rude, so I quickly begin moving my thumbs across my iphone screen again.