Chapter Eight

( fool for you • snoh aalegra)

The movies. An ice cream shop. A pizza shop.

Those are all the places that Macy and I went to together this last week.

I learned that she loves comedy movies but can't stand rom-coms. I learned that she loves chocolate ice cream more than anything. I learned that she will only ever eat cheese pizza. I learned that I just might be falling in love with her.

Right now I'm laying adjacent to her on her bed that I've grown accustomed to these last two weeks staring up at the ceiling when I'm supposed to be studying.

It's Sunday and Macy invited me over so that we could hangout and get some work done together. She says that Hiya was making fun of her because we have yet to be "productive" together.

I actually got to meet Hiya last week.

She's got long dark wavy hair, arched thick eyebrows, big doe brown eyes, a button nose, high cheekbones, and thick lips of which she seems to wear red lipstick everyday that I see her. She's a very physically attractive girl.

Add on top of that that she's extremely sweet, witty, knows how to cook, has been there for Macy since they were back in middle school, and learned sign language, she's in my good books.

Anyone who is willing to put in effort for Macy is someone that I will appreciate.

I haven't been able to get out of my head the fact that Macy and I have yet to discuss our kiss though. It's been sort of a weight on me and I can't stop obsessing over why it is exactly that she seems so hot and cold.

We go out together all of the time. We do nearly everything together it seems nowadays, which I love, but any time that I bring up our kiss or I mention anything about a date, she seems to sort of shut down on me.

At this point I'm questioning if I should just ask Hiya about it. She knows Macy better than anyone.

Getting off of the bed abruptly, Macy turns and watches me move as I do so.

"What's up?" She signs, furrowing her brows.

"I'm going to get myself some water. I'll be right back." I sign back, swiftly turning around and walking out of the room so that she can't protest to me "getting water" myself and say that she'll do it for me.

Walking out to the living room, I see Hiya on the couch on her laptop seeming intently focused on whatever she's doing.

Hesitating a bit, I walk around and take a seat next to her.

"Everything alright, Andy?" She questions me, eyes not leaving her computer screen.

"Well, it's about..."