Chapter Four

( make you mine • public )

Three weeks of morning visits and lunch breaks with Macy. Three weekends of ASL lessons and difficult practice sessions with Zeph. And so many days spent getting to know Macy more and more for the wonderful soul that she is.

Miranda had told me today when I stepped through the door that it was "obvious" that I had "met someone." I sort of denied it at first, saying that Macy was just a friend, but as I sort of came to the realization that I wanted more, it couldn't be helped. Everything just spilled out of me at once.

"At first, I assumed that Macy was going to be just another friend, but as the days have gone by, it's been apparent that that's not the case."

I run my fingers through my hair before releasing a breath. "Macy is an incredible person that I want to be more to. I want to be more than just her friend."

Miranda just looks at me knowingly, waiting for me to continue.

"Now that I've figured this out, I have to decide how to go about telling her. Do you have any ideas?"

Mimi being who she is, she props her right leg up on her left knee dramatically. It's now my turn to wait, knowing that she knows I'm genuinely seeking her input.

She's been in so many relationships with people of all genders and personalities. Mimi has always been a very open person who doesn't take herself too seriously, but she cares deeply for people and gives the best advice.

She's someone who I think is super admirable, and is sort of like an older sister to me.

"Ok, so, you've already been going on dates and stuff right?"

"Wha- no! We haven't gone on any dates!" I exclaim, wondering where that idea came from.

I wish we had...

"But Chet and Zeph told me that the two of you had been eating lunch together for the past two weeks..." Miranda pouts disappointedly, a slight, confused, frown on her face.

"Well... I mean, yes. But, those aren't dates. We do just that, eat lunch together and talk. That's not really a date... is it?"

I've never been on a date before. For pretty much all of my life, I had never really felt any sort of romantic connection with anyone. I've had a couple situations where I have been attracted to girls, which is how I came to find out that I'm gay, but that's about it.

Back in high school, I only had about five real friends, whom I still talk to every now and again, because most people found me sort of weird due to my ticking. That and I tend to be a very formal person, apparently, not too many people like that.