Chapter Three

( are you bored yet? • wallows ft

( are you bored yet? • wallows ft. clairo )

She came back. She actually came back just to have lunch with me.

I wonder if she knows how lame I am. I'm just a nerd with tourette's and possibly an addiction to Criminal Minds. What is even happening.

We lock eyes as she walks through the doors, and I almost regret my decision to help a little bit longer due to the sudden lunch rush.

I hold a finger up towards her as I finish up with a customer, there's still a few people in line, but luckily I see Zeph running down the street outside.

Zeph quickly runs into the shop, seeming a bit disheveled. "Sorry I'm late!" The Korean exclaims, appearing frantic, dyed blonde hair ruffled and dark eyes frantic.

"All good, Zeph. I got ya covered. I'm going to go ahead and get my lunch now that you're here."

"Great, thanks for doing me the favor," they sigh, relieved, with a grateful smile.

"Course!" I whip off my apron, hanging it back up, before grabbing my bag and my lunch. Once I've gotten everything, I avert my gaze towards the redhead, and quickly head over to take a seat across from her.

With my pad and pen prepared, I write the two letters and a smiley face down before I crack open my lunch.

Hi :)

She writes the same back and I smile at that.

Ok, now to wow her with what I managed to learn when we were just about barren in the shop earlier today.

I begin to make the familiar motions with my hands, signing, "hi, Macy. I looked forward to seeing you," slowly.

By the look on her face, I think it's 50/50 that either I did really well and she's really happy about that, or I messed something up really bad and she finds it funny.

She quickly starts writing, and flips the pad back towards me with a flourish.

I looked forward to seeing you too! :) Your signing was really good, when did you have the time to learn that?!

My eyes light up at the praise. I can't believe I managed to actually not mess it up.

Well, we were empty for about an hour after you came in, so I made use of that time by watching some videos and looking at some charts... That's all I know at the moment, though

She grins from ear to ear at my words, and seeing her smile makes me smile. I almost forget that I've got to eat, and have class in half an hour.

I take a huge bite of my sandwich, and Macy laughs at my abrupt action, before writing.

I think it's really sweet that you took the time to learn some ASL. Also, I'm really sorry for distracting you, I know you've got class so you have to eat :p