Chapter Five

( listerine • dayglow )

I look happily at my reflection, brushing my hair for once in my life.

Dancing along the tile floor of my bathroom, I slip and slide, spinning around. Airpods blasting "We're Beautiful" by ABSRDST and Diveo, I can't think of any other time that I've felt so genuinely happy.

Is that sad? I don't think it's sad. Maybe a little sad? It's possible, debatable.

After Macy and I's kiss, we sort of just stared at each other like idiots for a little bit before making fools out of ourselves in front of Chet.

He wasn't complaining though, he said something about his "ship sailing," I think. I don't really remember if I'm being entirely honest. I was too caught up in the moment.

Brushing my teeth, I continue with my childish, happy movements. I'm just filled with so much giddy energy that I have no idea what to even do with.

Macy and I have plans for this afternoon to watch Adventure Time at her place, because she still firmly believes that it's nothing short of  "tragic" that I have yet to watch it.

It now being Saturday, she doesn't have any classes today at all, and I only have an organic chemistry class at 9am and then my ASL session with Zeph right after.

Apparently, Zeph says that I've done a really good job of picking up everything and that I'm not perfect with my ASL, but I'm really good.

It definitely has upped my confidence even more and I can't wait to show Mace today. It took a lot of working at it on my own time just about everyday when I wasn't practicing with Zeph on the weekends, but it was all definitely worth it.

Making breakfast for Rik and Mimi before I head off, I scribble a little note for them and leave it on the kitchen island.

Pancakes, bacon, and scrambled eggs for you both, I made them at 8:30 so they won't be too cold when you wake up. I also won't be back until a little late, Adventure Time marathon with Macy.
—Andy

With that, I check the time and see that it's 8:50. Grabbing my backpack, I walk out of the apartment that I call home, closing and locking the door behind me.

The weather nice and cool, I quickly make my way to class. Haven't been late yet, don't plan to break that streak today.

***

Dressed in a solid black hoodie, my strings tied in a bow as usual, and a tight, light-washed pair of jeans rolled up with my yacht-club Vans; I look at the door of the unfamiliar apartment, ticking.