𝐓𝐖𝐎

THE SKY ABOVE THE sleeping city of Seoul was for the first time in several days, full of clouds and rain poured down like knives to the ground, touched everything it could reach, and caused the streets to turn into rushing streams that almost destroyed the city. The people who were still awake for unknown reasons were rushing to the nearest noodle restaurant to take shelter from the terrible weather, afraid to hear and feel the scent of the thunderstorm that would soon be there to wrap everyone under its looming wings.

Baekhyun was sitting in a car outside a random pub. He nervously tore away the skin around his nails and chewed on the unlit cigarette in between his lips, not knowing where to look. In the seat next to him, Jung Jaehyun sat, a member known as a joy-killer. They had met a few times before, participated in a couple of missions together, and handed information to each other. But they had never really gotten along well and if Baekhyun was, to be honest, he hated the guy, more than he hated Sehun's stories about the tattoo studio in Busan. He just couldn't stand him. Therefore, he felt how he wanted to sink through the ground upon realizing Jaehyun was one of the other two who'd been assigned to keep Mr. Choi's son alive, even though it would probably cost their own.

And now they sat waiting for the third person without knowing who it was.

The rain endlessly pouring down drowned out everything, but still, Baekhyun could hear every time Jaehyun sighed and looked out his window, obviously bored. They had been waiting for a long time, witnessed several lightning strikes, but had only exchanged a single sentence which was when Baekhyun was picked up by Jaehyun outside the noodle restaurant where he'd been informed that he was supposed to be at exactly 3 a.m.

It was when the clock hit half-past five in the morning that Baekhyun finally chose to open his mouth again, even though it made him uncomfortable. "Who do you think it is?" He asked and pulled his lighter out of the pocket on his denim jacket that was still damp from the rain. "Or do you know who it is?"

Jaehyun pulled his hand through his styled hair and sighed for what must've been the hundredth time. "Don't know." He mumbled.

Baekhyun lit his cigarette and as he exhaled the thick smoke, Jaehyun quickly turned towards him, with a distasteful look on his pale face. "Do you have to smoke?" He asked slightly irritated, waving the smoke away from himself.