𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

FOR AS LONG AS HE could remember Yeonjun had always had a very difficult time liking or adapting to people, in general. Especially those who didn't do as he told or those he simply despised without a real reason. When he was little, he of course thought there was something wrong with him, that he was the only one to have these kinds of problems. That he was an ice-cold and ruthless person without wanting it, unable to act after the basic social abilities everyone seemed to be holding. But his mother somehow always made him feel a little bit normal and loved. And that warmth and love disappeared when she passed away a few years prior; his mother being the only one who made him appreciate life at some points.

He didn't mind his dad, he necessarily didn't have anything against him. He'd always made him feel loved. But not in the way he wished for.

Being sent to Europe due to the fact that everyone wanted you dead, was more like a way of saying no one really wanted you: it's all Yeonjun could think of.

Despite all luxury, he sometimes simply felt like disappearing, not to Europe, but from his own life. He didn't want to become a mafia boss, he'd never asked for the life he'd been birth into. He wanted to continue being rich, that was for sure nothing he was willing to give up on now that he'd gotten a taste of its magnificent. However, he didn't need nor wanted to be involved with the underworld, it simply didn't fit his taste. He was way too good to be seen with filth.

When he'd been told he would be sent to Europe, he automatically expected to arrive at one of their many secret summer mansions. But that was obviously not the plan. All of a sudden he was forced to work as a translator to a bunch of adults in San Marino and witnessed abuse, which, incidentally, was one of a kind. He had never before seen anyone being beaten unconscious by a frying pan. He began to fear he would soon reach the bottom, fearing that he was slowly losing contact with all luxury to the point where he would forget the taste of champagne and money.

Fortunately, in that moment of panic, Kim Sihyeon had appeared, like an angel sent from heaven.

Did he see her as his rescuer in distress? Yes! He did not know what his three real protectors were doing, but at least it wasn't really appreciated. They obviously didn't even know what they were doing.

Chungha's big sun hat hid Yeonjun's face from the sun as they sat on an outdoor terrace in the middle of San Marino. He and Sihyeon. It was their fourth day in San Marino and he had been awakened early in the morning by the angel herself who was now sitting in front of him, and she had taken him on a little exploration as the other did not seem to understand the needs he had. Yeonjun was not someone who could just sit around as if nothing, he could not be bothered with the disgusting phenomenon known as 'bored'.

The others were left in the house with Esmeralda, they were sleeping deeply when they jumped into the little car that Sihyeon had stood in one of the neighbors' garage. Yeonjun had asked if it was really a good idea to go away without telling the others, not because he didn't want to come along, it was refreshing to get out of that damn house. But he knew Jaehyun wouldn't be too happy when he realized that his boss's son was gone. Baekhyun would probably start crying, the teenager thought to himself, snickering at the mere imagination of it.

"Is it any good?" Sihyeon asked, referring to the pasta that Yeonjun was eating for lunch. For breakfast he had pancakes, a few years older girl had taken him to an exclusive hotel on the outskirts of town.

He appreciated that at least someone realized his needs, he wouldn't be able to stay away from the luxury for too long. He had already noted a couple of warning signals, for example, that he had grown accustomed to the grotesque sun hat he always had on his head. If anyone from home had seen him wear such a thing, he would've had to ask his dad to get rid of any witnesses.