𝐒𝐈𝐗

ANGER.
The only emotion Baekhyun managed to swarm himself with. Hopeless, helpless only anger. Italy was nothing but a disappointment, he truly despised it there. The cause mainly being Sihyeon's absence: her missing warmth, her missing smile, and most importantly – her missing floral dresses. It all haunted him in his dreams.

As promised, a man in a red jacket met them on the other side of the lake, seeming as shady as the fisherman. After taking them to the border, a second man met them there and took them under his wings. After a day-long trip they finally reached a sketchy motel in the middle of the remote village they made their first stop in. According to the nameless man they would be forced to stay there for a couple of days before they could take up on their way to the inner regions of Italy. When those days passed the four foreigners were taken to Florence by train. Baekhyun and Yeonjun hated taking the train.

The angered twenty-five-year-old had an ashtray standing on his clothed chest, cigarette hanging loosely in the corner of his mouth. He was laying in the uncomfortable bed provided by the older lady with who they were staying with. He didn't have a clue as to where he was, it all felt kind of silly. Being asked to protect the son of Mr. Choi without being the one to do it. He'd been pondering over it now for the entirety of their pointless adventures outside of South Korea.

For a second time, Baekhyun entertained to the idea of running away. This time not how he'd imagined it last time. For this time he hoped for an escape which would lead him back to the said women of his dream: Sihyeon and her floral dresses.

The door to his room was opened and the teenager he held a grudge against, stuck his head out and met Baekhyun's gaze. "We. . .We're eating." He said. "Do you want some?"

Chunga had already been up to his room, asking him that exact question. Only she soon gave up, not having it in her to drag the sulking man down the stairs, instead of having a fit about how his smoking could be smelled through the whole house. He didn't care. But she still took the cigarette packet from him, not aware that Baekhyun had another one hidden under his pillow.

He shook his head as he observed Yeonjun's pale face. "No. I'm not hungry." He lied.

Yeonjun rolled his eyes. "That's more for me then. Your loss." He disappeared without closing the door and Bakehyun felt the anger erupt in his stomach.

After being forced to spend his precious time with the three of them: the despiteful teenager, Chungha and Jaehyun — he was slowly reaching a state of insanity. Weeks of hearing Jaehyun complain about everything and simply being in the presence of Yeonjun — took a greater toll on Baekhyun than he'd expected. He was a man of simplicity, not one to require a lot. Although, some peace and quiet did not seem like too much to ask for.

The elderly lady fending for them acted overly friendly and welcoming during their week-long stay. To a beginning, Jaehyun (and Bakehyun) felt an uneasy feeling, slightly suspicious about her. Her outgoing aura came off as intimidating and in all honesty, it made Baekhyun miss the remainder of the vicious acts of Esmeralda. And quite frankly he felt relief when they a week later had to pack their things and leave for their next adventure. Not that I felt any like an adventure, more so like an unpredictable nightmare.

Standing on the train station in the middle of the night, rain pouring down, swallowing Baekhyun whole with its coldness seeping through his clothes — they were staring at the older lady speaking in her broking English, wishing them a safe travel. She seemed genuinely upset about their leave, happily content with the young faces replacing the drunk men being the regular customers staying at her motel. 

Not really listening to her, and not really understanding — Bakehyun glared the young teenagers' way, eyeing the umbrella he'd been forced to lend him and being the cause of his miserable state. There would be no surprise when a tiresome cold came to conquer his body.